• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape 3.5e - Cold Black Mask

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Cage-Rattler & Sonata]István misses the beautiful woman's pout being preoccupied with staunching the reave's blood loss. Fresh from the prime material place the gnome can barely comprehend what the woman's odd speech, but endeavors to puzzle out what he can of it so as to formulate a response. "They broke down the door of the Boarding House and threatened those staying there. The battle went poorly for them and this one tried to flee with his glamor." The diminutive man spares the woman a fleeting glance from beneath his hood. "Why were you shadowing them?"

OOC: Out of curiosity, is Sonata carrying a light source? If not, is the street illuminated somehow? I'm just curious how she's managed to get around the Clerk's Ward or to see the battle in the dark.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=Cage/Ambrus](OOC - GM never said it was dark...I missed that detail. She's capable of casting Light though, so that's what she's doing if need be.) Sonata gives the gnome a sheepish look. "I make it a point to keep up with the Dogs and their doings. Especially if it looks like they're trying to hook up with other gangs. S'only a matter of time before they make their move on the Angels, and we mean to be ready."[/sblock]

Cage-Rattler

First Post
István, Sonata:[sblock] ooc: My fault - although I mentioned that it was night, I didn't specifically mention how dark the streets were were. Still, Sonata would have been able to locate the fight fairly easily even without Light, given the ruckus and the sparks flying from István's blade whacking the reave's armor.

Unclasping the brute's breastplate reveals a layer of heavy padding beneath, and under that, a thick, pebbly hide. The "troll"'s most grievous wound is from the single deep puncture in the creature's abdomen, and István does his best to dress the injury. (István's Heal check = 17) Convinced that his opponent will not succumb to his wounds immediately, the gnome next contemplates the difficulties of moving the his former adversary -- the brute probably weighed a few hundred pounds even without it's armor. Dragging its hulk was a possibility, but there was always the small chance that its wounds would worsen in that case.[/sblock]

The piercing whistles drew ever closer, and those with keen ears could make out the clank of metal and stomp of boots as the guardsmen approached.

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Cage-Rattler & Sonata]The weary gnome, appearing to have stabilized the four-armed brute's condition, rises and grabs a hold of two of the creature's wrists. István begins to drag his injured opponent back towards the Slumbering Lamb. To the beautiful woman he offers only a single whispered word: "Angels?"

OOC: I think it'd be fair to assume that Sonata has a light spell going then. Without a moon or any street lights and a sky that's obscured by haze or smog more often than not, Sigil's streets must be virtually Stygian at night. That's why light boys are generally a must for those without some ability to see in the dark. Locating a battle in an unfamiliar neighborhood by sound alone would hardly be easy I'd imagine. Besides, István's blade is made of crystal and so doesn't really spark. ;) [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=GM And Gnomey Gnome]"Screaming Angels, those are my...what are you doing?" she demands, alarmed. "Can't you hear. The Hardheads are coming! You don't want them to find you like this, cutter. Take him over here, towards the alleys. I'll help."

She goes around to pick up one of the reave's arms and tries to pull him off course, towards the darker alleys she'd come through to get here.[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Cage Rattler & Sonata]"Hardheads? You mean the constabulary?" István scowls as the baffling woman moves to take a hold of his unconscious prisoner. "What?... Lady, I'm bringing this brute back to the boarding house. You're welcome to help me move him or to kindly let go and leave if you're fearful."

OOC: István will continue dragging the reave towards the Slumbering Lamb.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=Cagey & Ambrus - They fight crime!]Sonata does a doubletake. "Constabulary?" she squeaks. "Are you completely barm...y..." Then it hits her. "Bleeding...you're Clueless...I mean...you're not from -around here- are you? No, lad, the Hardheads aren't the constabulary. They keep the peace, aye, sure enough...by showing up and putting anyone who looks to be breaking the peace in the dead book. We'll be leaving, or hiding, or even both, if we're canny."[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Cage-Rattler & Sonata]The reave's armor rattles softly against the cobblestone underfoot as the diminutive wayfarer continues his efforts to move the unconscious brute's bulk towards the boarding house door. István ponders what the lovely, though rude, woman has said while mentally tying it into other cryptic turns of phrase he'd heard other locals utter since having arrived in the city. Slowly the experienced wayfarer is beginning to puzzle out the nature of the local slang. It appears to be a rather crude dialect.

Weary from his second battle this evening, and growing ever more frustrated with the woman and her pointless rambling, István offers her a curt response. "Seeing as how you're the one asking all the questions, it seems to me that you might be the clueless one my lady. As I've told you before; you're welcome to leave whenever you wish if you're fearful..." *grunt*

OOC: Steadily moving ever closer to the Slumbering Lamb... [/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"The decision is yours," she says to Sindr. "The information seems good. Harmonium justice is very harsh indeed, but applied equally to all. He might only lose his hand or eye instead of his life."

Heinrich shakes his head. "The laws are not always justice, mercenary, do not forget that. It is not the rules of man that weigh our worth in the end. Despite his possible intents, this man has not caused us any harm, and his motives are no less pure than yours in this matter."

Turning to their impromptu prisoner, Heinrich's voice takes on a sterner note. "If I were you, I should put more fear in the thought of your employers response. Infernal coin has a tendency to go sour in time. Take this message back to...whoever it is you are a part of. They would be wise to steer clear of such matters in the future. Money is of little value compared to the consequences you might reap from foolish alliances."

As the newcomer enters the room, speaking, Heinrich's hand goes to his sword, but he does not draw when the man appears to offer no threat. His gaze goes between the new man and Pierce, before he addresses a question to the spiked mercenary. "What truth is there in this man's words? How likely are we to be inconvenienced by whatever passes for 'justice' here?"

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Scurry said:
Vervain is a gaunt figure, usually in motion, gesticulating with his spiky right gauntlet or pacing. There is a slightly detached quality to his mania, enhanced by the faceted flickering crystal adhering to his forehead. He wears fine clothes, complemented by a very trendy cloak. His hat is a floppy sort, with a plume, sitting atop hair swept neatly back into a short tail. Under the cloak, one might hear the clink of metal rings, or catch sight of a number of scrolls and wands ruining the line of his vest.
Pierce Spinecrusher said:
"I don't believe this is any of your affair, stranger."
"A fair sentiment, madame," the boldly-dressed interloper replied, "But I felt that I should warn you nevertheless. The city's authorities aren't exactly the most open-minded sort." He paused for a moment. "If it's information you're looking for, I may be able to help in that matter; I know of a few expert sources here in town that may provide you what you need with a minimum of conflict."
Heinrich Stronghand said:
"What truth is there in this man's words?"
Heinrich realized that he may find out first-hand, as the a general commotion and a sudden booming voice from just outside the boarding house announced the arrival of the guards.
"Harmonium officers! Everyone hold where they are!"

István, Sonata:[sblock]Although the gnome and the oddly persistent woman were closely matched in their tug-of-war over the fallen reave, István managed to make some progress in dragging the body toward the boarding house. He had manged to close to within a few hundred feet when the voice of the city watch called out; looking up, he and Sonata spotted several armored figures silhouetted against hand-lanterns, cautiously moving toward the entrance of the Slumbering Lamb.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads