• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Planescape IS D&D Says Jeremy Crawford

Front & center In 2024 core rulebooks.

Planescape is Jeremy Crawford's favourite D&D setting. "It is D&D", he says, as he talks about how in the 2024 core rulebook updates Planescape will be more up front and center as "the setting of settings".

Um, how about no? I don't need someone else saying "this has to be the way it's going to be." If I want to chuck FR, Ravenloft, Planescape or Dark Sun out the window in favor of the cosmology of my homebrew, that's the way it used to be and how it should be.
And I'm willing to bet that is still how it will be. (Especially since they have been explicitly saying that for a couple years at least.)

If anything this supports that even more if they don't have FR (or Tolkein-with-numbers-filed-off) versions of all the races/species, for example. Right now, the PHB is already very clearly written for a certain type of setting. Taking a step back from that to instead present that material as more open to a variety of settings/multiversal helps it be more compatible with homebrew than what they have now.

Um, how about no? I don't need someone else saying "this has to be the way it's going to be." If I want to chuck FR, Ravenloft, Planescape or Dark Sun out the window in favor of the cosmology of my homebrew, that's the way it used to be and how it should be.
Speaking as a “back in the day” D&D nerd, I always thought it was neat that you could simultaneously have Planescape where everything was connected, and Dark Sun* and Eberron where they somewhat expressly weren’t.

*Yes, I know about the gith and the Blackspine mountains. I think it’s a bit silly.

Remove ads

Remove ads