• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

After her spell seems to have failed, Zoe just watches while the others talk to the creature.

OOC:
So, how much does Zoe know about this stuff... Would all spells fail then, or just divinations?

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Vlad scowls at the mucus surrounding him, but says nothing — like so many other things (water and blood, for instance), mucus is the stuff of life and far from the dwarven dustman's realm of concern. When he sees the creature in front of them, any philosophical objections to its lair cease. Daubei's obscure woe, indeed. He concentrates on the creature, studying it.

OOC: If I can detect evil, I'd like to, but if I can't hide it, I won't bother. I don't want to jam up the works for the party.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Zoe:
Usually only a school of magic or a group of spells with similar themes (all [fire] spells, for example) are affected. [Zoe rolled Spellcraft 4+17=21] Since the spell actually went off, but fizzled (as opposed to nothing happening at all), Zoe can tell that divinations can work here, but that she's missing some sort of condition to enable them to do so. Given that it's a lower plane, it's probably something unpleasant....

Vlad:
The noisome creature in front of him radiates an aura of mind-staggering evil (it is a fiend, after all) which dwarfs the faint but pervasive emanation of malevolence this entire chamber is bathed in. Suddenly, he recalls Badurth's words that Daubei's Obscure Woe was not actually located in Torch, but in the first furnace of Gehenna.

OOC: Spellcasters, I've put up a post clarifying some points about magical conditions on the planes and spell keys. It can be found on the 2nd post of this thread (which is where I'm collecting all supplementary campaign information). Please give it a read, and if you still have questions, just drop me a line in the OOC thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Kiaros squeaks, then exits his vermin flesh. His ghostly form bows slightly to the fiend. "I believe you have some answers for us."
"You've come here about Maeldur et Kavurik," the ancient creature-- Daru ib Shamiq-- states plainly. "You don't know what it is, what it does, or where it is. And you expect me to tell you." It wheezes in a ghastly imitation of a weak chuckle. "The funny thing is-- I will. I might even tell you my secret recipe for hellcat a la Shamiq, little princess... if you think you have the stomach for it."

It holds up a bony finger, topped with a claw encrusted with unnameable fluids. "There's a condition." Its dry, cracked lips curl into a grimace. "There's always a condition-- whether they tell you about it or not. Heh. Believe me-- you're talking to one of the oldest deal-makers and string-pullers in existence." The mockery of the smile disappears, "I do not exaggerate, nor am I a braggart. I saw the powers that now live a-borning, and the powers before them as well. But you must know this, or you wouldn't be here." It waits with the patience of stone for you to mull its terms over.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
"You've come here about Maeldur et Kavurik," the ancient creature-- Daru ib Shamiq-- states plainly. "You don't know what it is, what it does, or where it is. And you expect me to tell you." It wheezes in a ghastly imitation of a weak chuckle. "The funny thing is-- I will. I might even tell you my secret recipe for hellcat a la Shamiq, little princess... if you think you have the stomach for it."

It holds up a bony finger, topped with a claw encrusted with unnameable fluids. "There's a condition." Its dry, cracked lips curl into a grimace. "There's always a condition-- whether they tell you about it or not. Heh. Believe me-- you're talking to one of the oldest deal-makers and string-pullers in existence." The mockery of the smile disappears, "I do not exaggerate, nor am I a braggart. I saw the powers that now live a-borning, and the powers before them as well. But you must know this, or you wouldn't be here." It waits with the patience of stone for you to mull its terms over.

Kiaros raises an eyebrow at the fiend and waits for Flaust's reply.

Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
OOC: Oops, Shamiq was talking to Flaust, not Kiaros, about the recipe (hence, the 'little princess' bit). I should have put a note in the text saying he switched focus to her for that bit... oh well, the dangers of trying to talk to more than one person at a time and all... :\

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
OOC: Oops, Shamiq was talking to Flaust, not Kiaros, about the recipe (hence, the 'little princess' bit). I should have put a note in the text saying he switched focus to her for that bit... oh well, the dangers of trying to talk to more than one person at a time and all... :\

Ooc:
I thought it was an Elf joke ;), and the reference to food an insult to his incorporeality. I can edit the post if you want.

Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
OOC: Well, if Kiaros looks anything like Legolas, then perhaps the comment would not be entirely unjustified... :p But yes, please edit. The comment was never intended to be an insult... just the DM trying to juggle too many things at once. :eek:

deadestdai

First Post
Nodding along with the fiend's words, Flaust did her best to seem interested, but as soon as the fiend had opened his filthy mouth her mind was already wandering.

"--- must know this, or you wouldn't be here." Her subconcious darted into her playfull memories of once torturing a puppy when she was three and alerted her that the fiend had stopped talking.

She tapped her chin thoughtfully. Hrm.... Yes, you do make some good points. But wouldn't the Royal Blue be more suitable, considering your eye colour? Afterall, that lovely shade of dandelion shouldn't be ignored, instead - complimented!

Flaust seemed very pleased with herself that she had "yet again" gotten out of another sticky situation and made to walk to the back of the group and act as inconspicuous as possible whilst whistling the tune to a particualrly crude pirate shanty.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads