• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Shamiq merely nods, responding to this new voice. "In any case, the condition is this: Do not kill the Maeldur. Instead, tell it that it can be free. It could always have freed itself. It just didn't know. That's how we work, you know. Swear you will free the Maeldur-- swear upon your souls-- and I will tell you how to find it and anything else you wish to know about it."

OOC: Read over my last post and realized belatedly that it really would have been better off combined with this one.... d'oh! The old noggin' was obviously on vacation over the weekend.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Vlad cocks his head to the side and considers the ramifications of the Maeldur's current state. Redemption, possibly? We should all be so lucky. Yet, did it not know or did it not care? A conundrum. He looks to the others. "What do you think? If by freeing it, we could redeem it or help it, I'd be willing. It's in no shape to face its fate like this. Unless, of course, this is it. Of course, I'm not sure that I entirely like the proposition that's on the table in front of us. There must be some sort of catch to it." The dwarf looks at the fiend suspiciously, but benignly. This is, of course, how things are and always had been — this was the nature of fiends, nothing for them to blamed for, any more than a cat seeking milk or a snake shedding its skin.

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

“The Maeldur deserves to be free,” Zoe says, finishing her sentence only in her mind... from your fiendish schemes. We will have to find a way.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Shamiq chuckles wetly, the sound more akin to a hissing wheeze. "Catch? The catch is killing it would be the easiest way of 'freeing' it from the shackles of its current existence. The Maeldur possesses an unique power... one that guarantees it will be forever hunted by both the powers of Good and Evil for the entirety of its life should it regain its own will. But as the human girl says, perhaps it is time to let Maeldur decide its fate itself." With inexorable persistence, the fiend asks again. "Will you swear to free it?"

OOC: Ehr, everyone? Shamiq isn't going to let the burden of swearing fall only on a few party members.

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

“Yes, the Windrider be my witness, I swear to help free the Maeldur, if it is in my power to do so.”

Ashy

First Post
Burrow is afraid...he doesn't really know what sits before him, but he is pretty sure that he has a good idea.... He's read books after all - lots of books...and scrolls, and tablets, and all sorts of esoteric knowledge from the innumerable corners of the planes. One thing that he knows for sure - and sort of deal with this creature is bound to be bad for not only them, but lots of folk. In fact, very likely bad for everyone but this creature himself...

However, he knows his friends and finally, after much mental wrestling with himself, decides that if he is to perish, it would be best to do so at their sides.

"I...I, too, swear to free this creature.", he says simply and pats Claw gently on the head.

deadestdai

First Post
The tiefling girl pokes her head around Zoe's armoured shoulder.

I promise that we'll free him and then kill him. But not before we free him and then maybe only if he isn't so bad. Then we'll kill him. After that we'll free him. But slightly before we killl him really. But over all, we'll free him, then have some yummy milk, then killl him. Then we'll free him and not kill him. Moreover, we'll free him and not kill him until he's free'd and safe and sound. But we won't kill him really. Well, maybe just a little bit. But not really because you said not to. But if he's mean we'll kill him. But if he's not, and that's after we free him we'll leave him alive. But yes, we promise not to kill him. I mean, "I" promise. For now, after yummy milk.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads