• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
"Then why bother asking me anything at all?" retorts Shamiq without rancor. It shrugs apathetically, knobby bones moving unnaturally below wrinkled, sallow skin. "If your distrust blinds you to the big picture, so be it. We have nothing more to say to each other."

Ashy

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
"... though he is not without his talents. Tapheon fancies himself a bit of a fleshshaper, you see, though a third-rate one at best. Pfeh. He desires only one thing-- revenge against the balor who broke him. More than that, I couldn't say..."

Burrow pipes up, "Not even the name of the balor? Nor what was done to Tapheon?"

deadestdai

First Post
Flaust picks up where Burrow left off.

Nor why you live in a slurry pit? Nor why I've a toothache? Nor why you can't go get this Maeldur youself?

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Ashy said:
Burrow pipes up, "Not even the name of the balor? Nor what was done to Tapheon?"
deadestdai said:
Flaust picks up where Burrow left off.

Nor why you live in a slurry pit? Nor why I've a toothache? Nor why you can't go get this Maeldur youself?
"it was Crassag, I believe, who broke Tapheon's back and tore off a wing over some slight or other," Shamiq answers absentmindedly, "Or was it Criassus? Damnable tanar'ri... could never keep track of them all," it grumbles. It ignores Flaust's description of its lair as a 'slurry pit' though it does answer her last question. "Because I'm not interested in finding the Maeldur," it rasps in a long-suffering tone. "As I recall, you were the ones who came to me looking for answers."

Shamiq apparently didn't have any dental advice to give either, since he remained silent on the topic of toothaches, though in getting a good look at his maw, Flaust suspected that was a topic he was little acquainted with. He'd probably never even heard of a toothbrush. At least he didn't have anything fresh caught between his teeth... all of the plaque built up in there had to be at least a few geological ages old.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
"My interest?" Shamiq snorts. "Have you not been listening to a single word I've said, mortals? Must I spell everything out?" It looks into the impenetrable wall of your mistrustful faces and sighs again, wearily. "...You would not believe me in any case. All I have to say is this, then: the ramifications of your decision concerning the Maeldur's fate will affect far more than you can ever imagine. Even if you choose to do nothing at all. But it is not I who thrusts this choice into your hands."

It waves one withered, scabrous arm dismissively. "In any case, Tapheon is a broken sot who lords himself over a motley crew of disaffected tanar'ri... though he is not without his talents. Tapheon fancies himself a bit of a fleshshaper, you see, though a third-rate one at best. Pfeh. He desires only one thing-- revenge against the balor who broke him. More than that, I couldn't say."

"Few beings desire only one thing, unless they seek to accomplish many goals by achieving that one thing..." Kiaros makes a dismissive gesture, "But that's not a relevant point. What matters is that we have achieved what we came here to do. We have heard your deceptive truths and we know our destination." He turns his head a full circle to look at all his companions in turn and then back to Shamic. "We should depart." He inclines his head a fraction, "Thank you for your assistance, I hope you will find it profitable."

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Vlad nods. There wasn't much more to be done or said here, even if he found it questionable that Shamiq could profit from much of anything given his current state. "Off after this Tapheon, then?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
DM: [sblock]*Blade thinks another thought clearly back at Shamiq, assuming he can hear her.*

Then I shall pray I make the right decision. I will think and consider it even now, for it's clear we cannot afford to be hasty. Fare you well, Shamiq.[/sblock]

*Blade steps back through the portal, back to the crumbling mansion. She waits for her comrades to step back through, and nods at each as they do.*

"Then I suppose one of our first questions is, do we have the capabilities to get to the designated layer of the Abyss? If so, what awaits us there? If not, how do we get there?" Blade asks the others once the group is assembled.

Ashy

First Post
Burrow frowns deeply, but if he had to admit it, he would say that he would be happy to leave. However, he could not shake the feeling that he had just signed his soul away...

Ferrix

Explorer
Donner feeling relatively stifled in the mucky atmosphere follows Blade without a word, mumbling something about a nice cold river to clean himself off in.

Remove ads