• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - OOC (Full)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Thought -- I might change out my Leadership feat for Improved Familiar -- perhaps a small earth elemental or something with the half-earth elemental template from the Manual of the Planes? Or even a Dust/Earth Mephit? This would require some sort of realigning of my feats, as I couldn't take it until level 12 if I want a mephit -- probably take Spell Focus (Necromancy) as my Wiz1, Craft Arms & Armor as my Wiz5, and Improved Familiar as my level 12.

best,
Nick

Ashy

First Post
Please put me down as an alternate - IF you don't mind having the basher that started Planewalker.com playin'! :D

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Thought -- I might change out my Leadership feat for Improved Familiar -- perhaps a small earth elemental or something with the half-earth elemental template from the Manual of the Planes? Or even a Dust/Earth Mephit? This would require some sort of realigning of my feats, as I couldn't take it until level 12 if I want a mephit -- probably take Spell Focus (Necromancy) as my Wiz1, Craft Arms & Armor as my Wiz5, and Improved Familiar as my level 12.
Any of those would work, I think. Let's say you can slap a earth elemental template (MotP p. 192) on your familiar if you're at least a 5th level wizard, or the half-earth elemental template (MotP p. 189) if you're at least 7th level. How does that sound? (And yes, dust or earth mephits would be okay at 7th as well.)

Ashy said:
Please put me down as an alternate - IF you don't mind having the basher that started Planewalker.com playin'! :D
Consider it done, cutter! Great site, by the way. :D

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Sephiroth no Miko said:
Any of those would work, I think. Let's say you can slap a earth elemental template (MotP p. 192) on your familiar if you're at least a 5th level wizard, or the half-earth elemental template (MotP p. 189) if you're at least 7th level. How does that sound? (And yes, dust or earth mephits would be okay at 7th as well.)

Sounds good. I'll think on it and post once I've decided. Thanks! :)

Nick

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
Serpenteye, you have the last slot.

I was actually thinking about making my character a Ghost, even before I read 'Lion's posts. An elven Ghost Rogue or Sorcerer, or maybe a Bard... I think it would make an excellent support-character.
Would the Ghost's Etherealness ability work outside of the Prime? Would it be able to reach the Ethereal from any plane?

Thanee

First Post
Given my preferance for (spontaneous) spellcasters, since there is already quite a bit of interest on the arcane side, I'll probably go for a Favored Soul then (a human (how mundane ;)) from Toril, with Shaundakul as the deity).

A spellcasting warrior with decent healing, buffing and some utility, basically.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Character is mostly finished, except for description, which will be updated during the next few days. Will make some minor changes (the odd spell or two) probably after having a closer look into the Planar Handbook. :)

I have one question, tho, concerning the recent errata updates.

Would it be possible to un-nerf Righteous Might (to some degree)?

I'd just make it exactly like the size change for monsters (+8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 natural armor, -1 to hit/AC) and use the lowered Damage Reduction from the errata (3/6/9 instead of 5/10/15).

That seems more like a 5th level spell and does not need to hide behind Divine Power. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
I have included a few custom items (altered slot and a shirt that adds +1 luck bonus to AC). Hope those are ok with you. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads