[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - OOC (Full)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Sephiroth no Miko said:
Well, you have practically any god from any supplement/pantheon open to you. It's the multiverse, after all. And since you're not a cleric, we don't have to worry about domains.

Yeah, that's true. I'm going to run with Wee Jas, though, as I think I can see her having a Dustman Paladin (Kelemvor just won't work because of the whole undead thing). After that, there's Eberron, but I'm not sure about that setting's gods (and if you even want to admit it to the Great Wheel, as it's got an entirely different cosmology -- hell, for that matter, so does the FR now).

Sephiroth no Miko said:
Very. Cohorts use the 28 point buy method to generate stats, by the way. Eek. Ghosts have a +5 level adjustment according to the MM, though... which is rather high. If you have Ghostwalk, I would be willing to let you create a ghostly cohort that way.

I don't have Ghostwalk, so I'll happily run with the MM ghost. Vlad's leadership score would be 14 (level 12, +2 Cha), so he could have a level 10 cohort, or a 5th level ghost. How's that sound? It'd be the ghost of a Dwarf Ftr5 probably.

Thanee said:
Standard scribing cost is 100 gp per spell level (tho, usually one is better off by buying a Boccob's blessed book, which covers that cost completely), plus the cost to obtain the spell knowledge (either a scroll, or some NPC who let's one copy the spell for a fee, which comes down to 50 gp per spell level for spells above 1st level and 25 gp for 1st level spells).

Good point. That would help quite a bit. I'll have to think on that.

Best,
Nick

deadestdai

First Post
Glad I am onboard!

Okay..... I found my old 2ed PS books too.

Here's my idea for a character.

Flaust Conkersforbrains - CG Paragon Tiefling Xaositect (Some sort of Rogue-ish class, haven't decided yet)

Having been born in the Hive in Sigil, Flaust didn't really get an easy start in life. Abandoned, unloved, unwanted and somehow still alive, this survivor of the poorest and roughest area of Sigil know's she's destined for more. Especially now that her new friends in her faction have told her she's going to be Queen of the Multiverse for at least "half" a day (As long as she wears pink.). What a goal to aim for, if only she could remember what it was.....

I'd really like to go all out for the Xaositect thing - them and the Sign of One were my fav' factions and I'd think it'd be a real hoot and challenge trying to play a crazy girl without disrupting the party (too much :p ). Let me know what you think?

Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
The Other Librarian said:
Thanks for letting me in. I'm still pondering what to play, but leaning towards a Paragon Elf (from UA) maybe Bard/Wizard. Sound do-able?
Yep, no problem there.

Kajamba Lion said:
Yeah, that's true. I'm going to run with Wee Jas, though, as I think I can see her having a Dustman Paladin (Kelemvor just won't work because of the whole undead thing). After that, there's Eberron, but I'm not sure about that setting's gods (and if you even want to admit it to the Great Wheel, as it's got an entirely different cosmology -- hell, for that matter, so does the FR now).
Wee Jas, it is then!

I don't have Ghostwalk, so I'll happily run with the MM ghost. Vlad's leadership score would be 14 (level 12, +2 Cha), so he could have a level 10 cohort, or a 5th level ghost. How's that sound? It'd be the ghost of a Dwarf Ftr5 probably.
Ehr, actually, it would be a 3rd level ghost because Vlad would take another -2 to his Leadership due to having a familiar and/or special mount. :\ Though I suppose you could always choose not to have either....

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Sephiroth, sign me up as an alternate! I have interest in playing a spiker fighter if you need me. :)
Okay, Isida, you're on the alternates list! And spikers are fine.

deadestdai said:
Flaust Conkersforbrains - CG Paragon Tiefling Xaositect (Some sort of Rogue-ish class, haven't decided yet)
Heehee... great name. :lol: And paragon tieflings are a go.

I'd really like to go all out for the Xaositect thing - them and the Sign of One were my fav' factions and I'd think it'd be a real hoot and challenge trying to play a crazy girl without disrupting the party (too much :p ). Let me know what you think?
I have no faction restrictions so either the Chaosmen or the Signers are fine by me. However, I will put in that this adventure is.... hazardous, to put it mildly. Your Xaositect will need to be able to focus sometimes or her barminess might get her (and the party) killed. But yeah, it could be a lot of fun! :p

deadestdai

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
I have no faction restrictions so either the Chaosmen or the Signers are fine by me. However, I will put in that this adventure is.... hazardous, to put it mildly. Your Xaositect will need to be able to focus sometimes or her barminess might get her (and the party) killed. But yeah, it could be a lot of fun! :p

Cool! Would 2 levels of Chaotician from the Planar Handbook be okay too? Only, it'd help flesh her Xaos backgroud out some.....

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Sephiroth no Miko said:
Ehr, actually, it would be a 3rd level ghost because Vlad would take another -2 to his Leadership due to having a familiar and/or special mount. :\ Though I suppose you could always choose not to have either....

Right. I missed that. :eek: I probably won't have a mount (can't really picture the character riding a pony through the planes), but will have a familiar, so you're right. That might change things. Let me think on it a bit.

thanks,
Nick

Remove ads