• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape!

ThirdWizard

First Post
Hey, I love planescape, wish I had seen this sooner! Can I be on the waiting list? I know its probably immense by now. Maybe enough people to form an entire second game. ;)

WizWrm

First Post
Yeah, there are definitely enough people to form a second Planescape game, if you want to give it a shot.

-------------------------------------------
Couple more edits to my character.

Psionic Boost [Psionic]

You can use your free 0-level manifestations to increase your speed and Constitution.

Prerequisite: 3rd-level psion or psychic warrior.

Benefit: You can trade in two free 0-level manifestations to increase your base speed by 10 feet and gain a +2 enhancement bonus to your Constitution. The effects last 1 minute.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/psi/psi20021220a

Last edited:

muhcashin

Explorer
Sorry for the tardiness; here's my character's stats. The background will be up tomorrow. Hopefully, you haven't started preparing without me.

Anunsil, male elf wiz5: CR 5; medium humanoid (elf); HD 5d4-5; hp 9; Init +6; Spd 30 ft.; AC 15 (touch 12, flat-footed 10); Base Atk +2; Grp +2; Atk +5 ranged (1d6, masterwork shortbow) or +3 melee (1d6/19-20, masterwork longsword); SQ Spells, elf traits; AL CG; SV Fort+1, Ref +4, Will +6; Str 11, Dex 15, Con 9, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 13; Height 5'0".
Skills and feats: Appraise +3(2), Concentration +7(8), Craft(painting) +5(2) Decipher Script +7(4), , Knowledge (arcana) +4(1), Knowledge (the planes) +4(1), Listen +3, Spot +3, Search +5, Sense Motive +3(2); Heighten Spell, Improved Counterspell, Improved Initiative, Scribe Scroll.
Languages: elven, planar trade language, draconic, sylvan
Gear: mw longsword, mw shortbow, quiver with 20 arrwos, scroll case with 10 sheets of paper, ink and inkpen, spell components pouch, spellbook, artisan’s tools (paint kit), noble’s outfit, traveler’s outfit, hourglass, ring of counterspells, scrolls of identify, fly, invisibility, fireball, a cloak of resistance, hat of disguise, 330 gp 6 sp.

Spellbook (spells per day 4/4/3/2) [Base DC 13 + spell's level]
0- all
1st - mage armor, tenser's floating disk, unseen servant, detect secret doors, reduce person, sleep, mount; 2nd - blindness/deafness, knock, rope trick, detect thoughts; 3rd - dispel magic, leomund's tiny hut

Background: The elf spoke in hushed tones. Long raven black hair rested on his narrow shoulders. His soft manner and expensive clothing reveal him to be, or was, in the least, of high society.

“I’m close enough. Still people say I’m playing chess with Graz’zt. I’m sure that this hourglass is special. I’m telling you! I’m not trying to bother you with a slaad-story. Certainly don’t believe the chant on the street about me, I’m not insane.
I might be known to have lead a hedonistic lifestyle. Alcohol, gambling, drugs, the whole lot. The average Sensate, right? That is not to say that I don’t believe in that stuff anymore. Truth can only be perceived through senses. The more you perceive, the more you know about the Truth. Over self indulgence doesn’t bring the Truth. I’m clean now, not raving over some Styx Dust I sniffed. Ever since I had a dirty halo, I’ve been working hard.
You see I own this small antique shop in the Hive, right next to Fiend's Salute down Lacklustre Lane, I trade and deal with all kinds of trinkets, day in and day out. And I’m telling you, this is the real thing! Not some kind of useless garbage for Clueless ones. It’s got to be some kind of artifact. The symbols etched on the side reaveal some kind of celestial origin, yet the stuff on the inside is clearly infernal.
And I got to find out how it works, berk! Now, I’ve been preparing for this for sometime now. Hopefully, I have enough jink. I need a few bodies who can withstand the heat of the City of Brass yet smart enough not be fooled by Graz’zt’s concubines.
Are you with me or not?”

The elf stares intently at you anxiously awaiting an answer. His black eyes sparkle with an excitement rarely seen in those of the immortal elves. He shifts uncomfortably in his fancy light green gemmed robe.

Last edited:

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Oh god, I'd completely forgotten that you'd joined as well! This complicates things... you were definitely one of the first people to sign up for this, so it's only fair to let you in the game. Which means... Sophist, sorry to mess you around but it seems like you're going to have to go back to the waiting list. But of course that may not be so bad, since I'm pretty sure we do have enough people on the waiting list now to start a whole other game. So if anyone wants to DM it, then you can either just go right ahead and start a seperate game, or we can coordinate and try to link the games together. Whichever you want.

Anyway, I'm going to continue to work on the premise that we start this off on Wednesday. If a second game gets started and you want to link it up with mine, we can probably arrange that just as easily after the start as before it, really. In fact it may be eaier, since the DM of the second game will then be able to look over how my game has started off. And Arken - if you can get the character done by Wednesday, you're in. If you can't, then you can either join the other group, or we can probably find a way to slot you in to the game after it has begun, although I reserve the right to dictate exactly when that would or would not be appropriate.

Last edited:

Arken

Explorer
Chaos Apostate said:
Anyway, I'm going to continue to work on the premise that we start this off on Wednesday. If a second game gets started and you want to link it up with mine, we can probably arrange that just as easily after the start as before it, really. In fact it may be eaier, since the DM of the second game will then be able to look over how my game has started off. And Arken - if you can get the character done by Wednesday, you're in. If you can't, then you can either join the other group, or we can probably find a way to slot you in to the game after it has begun, although I reserve the right to dictate exactly when that would or would not be appropriate.

Duly noted :), Thankyou I'll try and get in up on tuesday.

I think I might be heading towards a Sensate Bariaur.

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Yay! For a moment there I was worried that nobody would play a Sensate. And I just don't know if I could fully committ myself to a Planescape game with no Sensates... :D

muhcashin

Explorer
Background posted for Anunsil the elven-Sensate-mage-back-from-rehab. Want me to post it in the character gallery or wait till you accept first?

sophist

First Post
Since I am back to waiting list, I was contemplating WizWrms background:

WizWrm said:
Background & Personality: "Belief is power." Heard that often enough, haventcha? Just about every philosopher on the streets (and most of them do end up on the streets, eh?) finds fit to gush it out their word-hole, once'a sermon, if not of greater frequency. But (heard that word enough too, I bet) is it something they understand? Hm. Perhaps if I put it somewhat differently. Do you understand?
How much power do we have over our existence? Think about it. At one point in the circle, only a single consciousness is left to recreate its own multiverse. At that point, it has complete control over all existence. A single consciousness. Imagine yourself: made of a single consciousness, right? Guess how much potential you have. Everyone has it. The problem is reaching that potential. Do you understand, now, why I gave up my life on the Outlands? Do you understand why I gave up life in a monastery?
So go out there and do it.

Since this is written like a speech, I composed a little reply to be taken with a grain of salt, although it is how Nymar would probably react to the theses espoused:

In response a tiefling rises from a corner and says:
"Of course one must realize that by leaving one circle, you only step into another. Consider what you said: the factions draw power through a system of beleifs. After that you posit a piont which has perfect control over all existence with what we might call a perfect circle - THE perfect circle of existence.
So that we conclude that lawful belief can achive everything?
And that the perfect circle implies an ulterior sentience?
These things you're aiming at, as I see it.

And as you might have understood, I doubt these things. I never saw a circle
without its defining boundary, and once one moves beyond these boundaries,
you find yourself in new ones, maybe even boundaries that did not exist within your old circle.

As you pointed to your own life, let me point to mine: Can a street kid become
a wizard? And if so, could he see that the practise of magical power is an as limited circles as thievery? According to your view I left my first circle and
advanced into a new one, supposedly better one. It was better in many ways,
but it held it's own limitations. It wasn't any less flawed, it had other flaws.

As a second point, I'd like to add that none has perfect control over their circle
of existence. Take for example that street cat you mentioned. It is my familiar
and has thus gained a sense of self. Not by any action of its own, but by
mine. Others muck with our existence in major ways, your parents, powers,
even your friends. The powers muck with each other, so that none of them
has a point of perfect freedom or an infallible set of laws with perfect control over existence.

So while I really adore your metaphor of the circle of existence - a fine expression, which lets me say things I couldn't before -, I cannot follow into your conclusion
about the perfect circle and its implies ulterior sentience. Do not search the perfect circle, but jump from one to another: that is the only way NOT to get stuck in the limits of a single circle. Within each set of rules, questions remain. Even powers err.
That is to say: mee, too. I add that in hope not to offend you with the questions of your circles. I am labouring with those of mine."

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Now why is it that I always forget everything muhcashin tells me? Oh well, with two Sensates I'm sure this can't help but be a good game. :D

But anyway, the character looks cool to me muhcashin. Consider him approved, and post him up in the rogues gallery whenever you can okay?

ThirdWizard

First Post
WizWrm said:
Yeah, there are definitely enough people to form a second Planescape game, if you want to give it a shot.
I already DM one planescape game, so I can't do it. (I try not to DM two games anymore). But, if someone else wants to do it, I'd play.

Remove ads