• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planetouched Peril

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"We are not the only ones! We are of a minor sect of an admitedly small god of earth. If the creatures of air wish to stop beings from offering sacrifices and traveling on pilgrimages to the gods of the earth, why us? Why not the Sandlord, or the Umber King, or even Grumbar? They are far more powerful gods of earth than Eldon-Asha," Father Parab explains.

Ghostknight

First Post
"Is there some air god your deity may have offended? Perhaps these attacks are from as small a deity and the servants being sent to stop us indicative of the power of the opposing god?"

*Heliad looks at Father Parab.

"Sometimes the alliances and arguments of the gods get fought by the followers rather than in any direct confrontation."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ashlie simply continues riding, listening, but letting the others more adept at talking speak with Father Parab. She glances a few times skyward, just out of a reaction to the wolf flying away.

We should get moving. I would not want to face more of those creatures in the open.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ghostknight said:
"Is there some air god your deity may have offended? Perhaps these attacks are from as small a deity and the servants being sent to stop us indicative of the power of the opposing god?"

*Heliad looks at Father Parab.

"Sometimes the alliances and arguments of the gods get fought by the followers rather than in any direct confrontation."
*Father Parab sighs.*

"This I know. It is possible that Eldon-Asha has made an offense, but if so, He has not deigned to let His servants know of it. Come, let us leave this place before other creatures come to find us. There is something I will speak to all of you later."

*Traveling swiftly, wishing to leave the cloud wolf and any brethern he may have, the caravan goes quickly into the countryside. You know you are within days of your destination, which could account for the increase in attacks.*

*Later than evening, Father Parab calls all of you together at his campfire, along with the pregnant woman Marna.*

"There is something I should tell you now, a reason for which we have been attacked on this journey. I believe it is because the nature of our pilgrimage. Marna's child was fathered by a creature of elemental earth, not by any mortal creature, and she has had visions that lead us to believe her child must be born at the shrine of Eldon-Asha so that it may be dedicated to Him," the priest says carefully, with a comforting arm around the young woman. She stares at the ground, her arms wrapped around her swollen belly.

Ghostknight

First Post
*Heliad looks at Father Parab, then looks at Marna.

"What kind of elemental creature is the father of the child? For the creatures of air to be out to stop the birth of the child, one would think that its birth must be significant and cause them problems."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Marna is quiet for a moment, and then finally speaks up.*

"The father... I was in my garden, tending to my vegetables. I saw a man approach, but his skin was made of soil, and I could see rocks poking out like bones. I felt very much at peace, and I heard a voice telling me that I was to be blessed. He took me, like a man does a woman, and then simply vanished back into the earth. When I told Father Parab, he knew we had to make the pilgrimage when I was close to being due," she explains softly.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Fianna listens with wonder in her eyes and on her face. She did not know such things were possible.*

How can the earth rise up and taken the form of a man and be initmate with a woman.

*Fianna is tempted to ask, but thinks better of it when she sees the look in Marna's eyes.*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads