Planetouched Peril

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ashlie calls out to Shilo, instructing the dog to guard the pregnant woman. If harm should try to find her, Shilo would be able to warn the others, in case they are not aware.

"Yes Heliad, let us be on our way quickly. I would rather have the woman safe sooner rather than later."

She spurs her horse on, in Elven, saying, "Your true test of your nature may soon come. I will do all my best to keep you safe..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Earth Hammer seems to respond to Ashlie's words, prancing proudly over the rough ground as the group travels straight as an arrow to Eldon-Asha's shrine. The trail leads them through woods, over creeks, around thorny blackberry thickets, and finally over rough hills and broken earth. You keep close to the ground, avoiding places where the wind blows swiftly, doing everything you can to keep from attracting the attention of the creatures of air.*

*Twice you manage to avoid packs of the cloud wolves by hiding in thick brush or caves while they gallop by overhead. Marna seems quite distressed, but doesn't make a word of complaint during the difficult journey. Most of the camps are cold, to avoid the smoke that could attract attention. It is almost another four days before you come to the entrance to the shrine, sheltered inside a cave. The door is massive, carved with odd bulbous shapes, almost like river-worn rock. Curious runes are carved into it, following the flowing shapes of the door. Marna traces these with a finger, and slowly translates the words aloud.*

"Eldon-Asha, earth and time held sway,
Drawn from the depths, sweeps all doubt away,
Blood calls blood, father calls son,
Bring forth the child, His will be done."

*After she speaks, Marna takes a few steading breaths, and turns to the others.*

"Father Parab said the door would be difficult to open... he thought we would all be here. There's some kind of trick catch or something... I just forgot where it was," she says apologetically, tears in her eyes.

*Behind you, the wind picks up with a scream over the rolling plains. Or is it more than a scream?*

Jolmo

First Post
*Kani stands thinking on her words for a time before speaking*

Drawn from the depths, child of earth and time... A gem? Or her actual child? But Parab mentioned no special gem, and the child hasn't been here before.

"A riddle? You passed here before?"

*Kani goes back to staring blankly ahead and thinking almost before he has finished speaking*

Maybe it is just a hidden switch, or something in the ground here

*Suddenly, Kani gets down on all fours and scurries around poking at the ground with his fingers, seeing if something could be burried there*

[OOC: Search +2]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Correctly assuming that a shrine to the earth god would have a trigger of some sorts on the ground, Kani carefully searches about. He finds a curious black pebble, and gives it a push. The door swings open with a faint creak, revealing a damp and musty cave-mouth, black as pitch. Those able to see in the dark can tell there are stairs gently carved into the downward-sloping path, but there are no brackets for torches.*

"No, I have not passed here before, this was written long before I was born," Marna says, her hand at her throat as she looks into the dark. Above you the wind screams more loudly...

Ghostknight

First Post
* Heliad looks intot the cave and at the pregnant woman.

"I dont like the sounds of the screams on the wind. It makes me tink that the air gods have unfinished business here and send something against us. Let us go down into the shrine, I believe the Earth gods would want the child born below."

*He takes a sunrod out of his packet and strikes it, btinging light for them to go down into the earth. Gently he takes Marna's hand.

"Perhaps somebody should go before us to warn of dangers on the stairs."

ooc: Heliad will wait and see if anyone volunteers to go ahead of them, if not he will lead Marna into the shrine.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
* Fianna looks to the sky. The wind is making her uncomfortable.*

" I will go first." she offers. Giving a whistle she calls Doreena to her. She will have the wolf stay near and protect the mounts.

Jolmo

First Post
*Kani gets up and goes over to the mouth of the cave, scanning the ground and sky for wolves or other creatures while waiting for the others to deem the stairs safe.*

Shoudn't be any danger to us from the shrine. But horses wouldn't be safe outside.

"Bring horses down?" he asks back to the others.

[ooc - Would the horses be able to go down there?]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The doorway looks awfully low and steep for horses. They would probably be more comfortable out here. With Doreena guarding them, they should be fairly safe. Weeks of traveling in the wolf's presence, combined with Fianna working to smooth the way, have given the animals an uneasy peace between traditional predator and prey.*

OOC - Any further preparations?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ashlie - Dust Genasi

Ashlie looks into the entrance, and moves forward. She calls to Shilo, telling him to watch over the animals.

"I think I might be best suited for going first." With that, she moves towards the front, as silently as possible. She tries to spot anything out of the ordinary and listen for anything lurking in this area.

Hide +12, Move Silently +13, Listen +4, Spot +2

She will take out her shortbow, just in case. Her dealings with caves and dungeons always warranted this kind of action. She will check for any traps first, near the doorway and then again at the steps. Search +7

Remove ads