[Players Chosen] Do You Have What It Takes To Join The Nameless Legion?

Harvey

First Post
Bront said:
So only 2 total proposals, or 3 total (1 primary and 2 alternates?). I have the rogue guy sorta drawn up, and he's looking quite fun. I'll see where he leads, maybe he'll replace one of my proposals, maybe not. Honestly, I'm open to either one I've built so far, and Force filles a blaster, healer, and summoner role fairly well.

Yeah, a new rogue would have to replace an existing character you've pitched. Since I have a couple of other psionicists, I'd recommend the kalashtar...

Bront said:
Thanks for clairifying on the spells. The only note is that the cost of the magic items that ive you lots of pages (Like the spell shart or the blessed book) is also built around the fact that they allow you to not pay the 100 gp per page, so are those books a bit cheaper then due to that? (Particuarly when weight isn't much of an issue with all the carrying capacity and such). Maybe when purchased from the Legion, you get 10% of the pages filled for free (which is a 5000 or 2500 gp savings on those two books, but considering it would normaly be twice that to scribe that you'd be saving (100 gp per spell level, instead of 50), and you'd be saving it for the entire book (Up to 100,000 or 50,000 in savings normaly) it doesn't seem too unreasonable). Just a thought.

Good point though, especially for Boccob's book. Let me think about it. I'd prefer going with the book being a specialized, condensed book for cheaper, than having it include free spells. Let me mull it over in my head for a bit...

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm going to chime in on the metamagic feat thing.

I think what Thanee is saying is that even though your use of Sudden Empower doesn't cost you any additional levels for that one use, the spell is now considered Empowered, which is a +2 level modifier to the spell level, and should be stored accordingly. Otherwise, you could store 3 Empowered, Maximized, Quickened magic missiles inside a ring, which is just nuts.

AmorFati

First Post
Thanks for the ruling.
Now, for not abusing this way too much, how many days of downtime have I been able to "prepare" my items with?

Oh, by the way, its Scorch, and it's a girl. Not Screech the guy :p

Bront

The man with the probe
Harvey said:
Yeah, a new rogue would have to replace an existing character you've pitched. Since I have a couple of other psionicists, I'd recommend the kalashtar...

The Kalashtar is more a warrior with a few (4 + 1 racial actualy) psionic powers. My shadowdancer looks like she'll end up actualy with 6-7 levels of Psion (egoist) manifestor, but they should compliment her stealthy work. I'll draw her up and see. Force is cute, but could be hindered by a lack of higher level spells. He can summon quite a bit though. Coldtac is quite deadly, and I'm very happy with him.

Dakkareth

First Post
Edit: Shackler is ready for action :).

I was also thinking of adding a rogue-type as secondary character. 'Faceless' the assassin. But I'm still looking for the LA of an undead - that is undead traits only, no special abilities. Anyone has an idea?

The Lich template is +4, but it gives special attacks, several aura abilities, damage resistance, a bunch of additional immunities and their 'rise again' trademark ability. Not much of a help ... :confused:

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Bront said:
I think what Thanee is saying is that even though your use of Sudden Empower doesn't cost you any additional levels for that one use, the spell is now considered Empowered, which is a +2 level modifier to the spell level, and should be stored accordingly. Otherwise, you could store 3 Empowered, Maximized, Quickened magic missiles inside a ring, which is just nuts.

But keep in mind that to refill that ring (or fill it, ideally), it'd take you three days. And you wouldn't be able to use those feats within those three days, because of the 1/day limitation. That's the trade-off.

Not like a wand, where you could spend 1 day creating a store of 50, then the next day cast all 50 Empowered, Maximized, Quickened magic missiles and make another wand of 50 on top of it.

Harvey

First Post
AmorFati said:
Oh, by the way, its Scorch, and it's a girl. Not Screech the guy :p

Oops... sorry, got your character confused with Elocin's similarly named, similarly themed character :) (note to self: if both make the cut, put them on different teams)

Bront said:
The Kalashtar is more a warrior with a few (4 + 1 racial actualy) psionic powers. My shadowdancer looks like she'll end up actualy with 6-7 levels of Psion (egoist) manifestor, but they should compliment her stealthy work. I'll draw her up and see. Force is cute, but could be hindered by a lack of higher level spells. He can summon quite a bit though. Coldtac is quite deadly, and I'm very happy with him.

I've always been partial to shadowdancers, so I would like to see the character build one way or another... a shadowdancer/psion... interesting! Still, at some point we'll have to decide who your "main" character is...

Dakkareth said:
I was also thinking of adding a rogue-type as secondary character. 'Faceless' the assassin. But I'm still looking for the LA of an undead - that is undead traits only, no special abilities. Anyone has an idea?

Check out Libris Mortis. I believe it has creating undead characters as monster classes instead of templates.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I will have stats tomorrow for th eother guy I just made and I think I will have a lot of fun with.

Goliath Fighter 1/Barbarian 5/Frenzied Berserker 6

I played a human version of this guy in my live game and I throroughly enjoyed it. Even when I was still raging and there was no one left but my happy go lucky paladin friend next to me. After I was done with him, he was no longer happy go lucky after he was used as a surf board by a Vrock to re-enter the atmosphere (VERY high level campaign). After we revived him he was a little annoyed with my character. My character did warn the group that I occasioanlly lose focus in the heat of battle and I will fight till there is nothing moving anywhere in site. So they had a plan that the Sorcerer woudl just cast calm emotions on me to calm me down, but of course the Sorc promptly forgot about this and went below decks.

Everyopne around the table was wondering why I was chuckling so much when the entire party except for me and the paladin went below decks. And then the paladin stepped right next to me and finsihed off the last bad guy in site. When it came to my turn and I started to roll my 4 attack dice (the highest to hit was a +38) the DM looked at me with a confused look on his face and then looked at the battlemat in front of him and then promptly fell off his chair laughing his ass off as it finally clicked on what was about to happen.

Oh the memories.

Will post the details tomorrow.

Dakkareth

First Post
Harvey said:
Check out Libris Mortis. I believe it has creating undead characters as monster classes instead of templates.

Libris Mortis I don't have ... someone with the book out there? ;)

Mmhh, maybe I'll use the Wight monster class from the LM web enhancement - to that I have access.

Last edited:

AmorFati

First Post
Dakkareth said:
Libris Mortis I don't have ... someone with the book out there? ;)

Undead as monster classes; the one with least levels is a total of 8 levels.
However, you can take 12 levels in rogue, then die, and be raised as a rogue11 / (insert undead here)1
Then after that you HAVE to talle ALL levels of the Undead class before taking a level in another class

Last edited:

Remove ads