[Players Chosen] Do You Have What It Takes To Join The Nameless Legion?

AmorFati

First Post
Bront said:
Great, glad it didn't cause a problem.

btw, Breast Plate is Medium armor, so it's +4000 for Mithril, which includes the masterwork cost, so everything should cost 20,200 total.

Ah, I forgot to upgrade the price when I upgraded it from a chain shirt. Thanks!

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Crap.

You beat me to the punch on making and posting a Warmage (stupid work getting in my way) so no sense in making two of them. I will now go with some kind of fighter possibly archer or some kind.

Thanee

First Post
As Harvey said earlier, there will be two forces, so it isn't unreasonable to make two somewhat similar characters.

Bye
Thanee

Harvey

First Post
Bloodcookie said:
Glad to see you're looking to accomodate more players! I'd just like to state my desire to join, and submit my character concept; I'll have stats up tomorrow. This one's a bit... unorthodox, but the concept just struck me as oddly appropriate :)

Sure, the more the merrier! Must admit, I'm not familiar with the Modron. What's that from?

Albedo said:
How about Templar Lance?
Bront said:
How about Bulette Lance?

Bulette Lance lends itself to a great image, but is gives a bulky feel. Templar Lance sounds good... a lot better than Boccob Lance :)

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ok, I finally have my lumi fighter done.

Very cool! Outsider class, huh? Interesting... though having a lumi alone is interesting...

Thanee said:
Only 10 pts on Cha and both level ups (4th and 8th level) went there.

Yeah, that works! :)

D20Dazza said:
Pleased to make your acquaintance mate. I'd like to throw my hat in the ring if I may. After reading the intro and the opening post of the RG thread, the first book I grabbed was Heroes of Legion and the Combat Medic immediately caught my attention. Deciding on a race was a different matter though. I'd always wanted to play a Loxo so MM2 was my first stop, decided not to go the ele route though after looking at the ECL. Next up was the Planar Handbook but nope, nothing worked for me, no go, MM3? BINGO - the Nycter. So I think the up shot will be Nycter 5/Cleric 5/Combat Medic 2. I'll have something posted in the next 24 hours for your perusal.

Darn... I was just commenting to a friend that it would be interesting if someone played a loxo in the game :)

But I've never even seen a nycter! I like the combat medic PrC, which is sorely needed in the campign (a healer). So, post away!

D20Dazza said:

Whatever you like, though keep in mind that it must fit your backstory of your world. For instance, I wouldn't see your nycter worshipping the greek gods, but any of the traditional Greyhawk or Faerun gods would be fine. Also noticed they don't have a section on Nycters in Faerun or in Eberron in the MM3... kinda sucks.

Rino said:
Name: Gyre
Class/Level: rogue 5/invisible blade3
Race: Sand Giant

Yeah, everyone already pointed out the sand giant issue... so no need to readdress the issue. Also, the name Gyre is already taken by Tyrlaan's character posted above...

Bront said:
Here's an alternate character. He should be fun as well. I did have a quick question on spells.

How are you working selecting spells for a wizard? Is it just base spells? If I want a new spell to add, what do I have to buy, the materials for copying, the scroll, both, or neither? I can see them having access to most normal spells through the Legion, but the 100 gp per page copy charge always irked me a bit. Just want to know how you want it done before I select my spells.

First off, only fair to say I will accept two alternate characters per person... though both of yours, Bront, are good :)

As for spells, someone else asked me about this off-line, so here's my clarification: spells are available for sale at the Legion main library. Spells are for sale at a rate of 50gp x the level of the spell (like in the PHB pg. 179). I am going to say that, due to popular request, the legion has provided some sort of wondrous item/minor artifact that serves as a copy station. This station gives a +20 enhancement bonus to Spellcrat checks for the explicit purpose of copying spells. Thus, unless it is a significantly high level spell, you won't need to roll a spellcraft check.

As for the 100gp/page price, I do not like it either. So you will not have to pay that price. Though keep in mind the 1 page per level rule is in effect, and can dictate how many spells can fit in a spellbook. But also keep in mind that the Legion has access to a lot of resources, so you can purchase a Boccob's Blessed Book (which is still 1,000 pages and 1 lb) or an Aureon's Spellshard from Eberron.

Harvey

First Post
Bront said:
How are you working selecting spells for a wizard? Is it just base spells? If I want a new spell to add, what do I have to buy, the materials for copying, the scroll, both, or neither? I can see them having access to most normal spells through the Legion, but the 100 gp per page copy charge always irked me a bit. Just want to know how you want it done before I select my spells.

Should also clarify: any spell from a 3.5 WotC source is acceptable as either a starting spell or a spell for purchase. Wizards can start play knowing all 0th level spells from any WotC source. Occasionally, I like to pepper in spells from other sources into the campaign, like from Relics and Rituals, etc, so keep an eye out for them. This is extremely more likely in this campaign setting.

AmorFati said:
So, I was wondering, would a riding dog be really inapropriate in the Legion?

Nope. It is assumed that there will be things like animal companions, familiars, and the like. So even if you got one as a pet, I wouldn't see an issue with it.

Elocin said:
Can I also assume that we might be sent to different planes to go fight on?

Yes, most definitely! And when I say "planes", I mean not only Eberron versus Faerun, I mean planes anywhere from Olympus to Acheron to the Astral Plane. Some planes, like the Elemental Plane of Fire, you can safely rule out... they'd send an entire team designed to survive there.

But, keep in mind, that this campaign forces me to add some leeway with how planes are handled... I'm not going to codify a cosmology, since each world handles it differently. Knowledge (planes) will allow someone to tell information about, say Xoriat. I'm not going to address if Xoriat exists on the outer planes or if you can get to Xoriat from Faerun.

Thanee said:
As Harvey said earlier, there will be two forces, so it isn't unreasonable to make two somewhat similar characters.

Yup, but keep in mind that each lance is only going to have max of one character type, unless combinations make sense (i.e. a Cleric/Fighter and a Cleric/Wizard/Mystic Theurge could work well in a lance together, but two psions on a lance together is too much overlap).

Later on today, I will post what characters have appeared on the thread, and for those that have posted more than one, please let me know if you've abandoned any at this point.

Thanks!

AmorFati

First Post
Seeing as I have 2 Spellstoring Items, I assume I can use my "down" time in the Legion to fill the slots up? Just is nice to have 4 empowered spells ready *grins*

Oh, and I want Scorch to be my "main" character. I'd rather play her than Pulp.

Harvey

First Post
AmorFati said:
Seeing as I have 2 Spellstoring Items, I assume I can use my "down" time in the Legion to fill the slots up? Just is nice to have 4 empowered spells ready *grins*

Sure! I wouldn't see why not. In the description, it doesn't say that you have to keep that slot permanently open (as in imbue with spell ability).

Thanee

First Post
AmorFati, please note, that a sudden metamagicked spell would also count as a higher level spell for the purpose of storing it in a ring of spellstoring (or creating a magic item, etc). ;)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads