• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player's Guide to Wizards, Bards and Sorcerers Update: Prestige Classes

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*chomp* *chomp* Oh and if you're curious about how dragons fit in with sorcerers, thought I'd post this here. (Btw Joe please, please, PLEASE post the list soon! I wanna know what I can offer my players in case they want it. )

Jeff, always a pleasure to hear from you.

Dragons and Sorcerers:

Joe:
Actually, the Wyrm-blooded Scion feat works differently from most other Scion feats.

Most Scion feats have two spells per level. Wyrm-blooded is actually divided into a single "Draconic" list, with one spell per level, and then a bunch of other lists with one spell per level for each of the dragon types.

So, if you are descended from a red dragon, you take the general draconic list (as all Wyrm-blooded do) and then the "Red Dragon" list, which has fire-based spells and the like.

This way, there is a "general dragon abilities" list that includes things like claws and flying and causing fear. Then, the individual color list allows you the focus of your progenitor - Black Dragon list includes acid spells, spells that allow you to use the swamps to your advantage, or mimic swamp-like conditions, or simply mimic the spell-like abilities of black dragons.

Joe

Fulcan

First Post
Lurkers

Nightfall said:
Boy and here I thought more people would be happy with additional info on the Scion feat.

I'm sure most of us lurkers are happy for all the information that's being revealed here. At least this one is. As a SL player in two different campaigns I can't wait to get my hands on these books.

<hide in plain site>

Ruined

Explorer
Yep yep, I'm eager to get this book. Unfortunately, my campaign has not a single Wizard, Bard, nor Sorceror in their ranks. :(

Now, when you post the scoops on the Players Guide to Fighters and Barbarians and the Guide to Clerics and Druids, I'll be right there to inhale all of the information. Heh.

(not to worry Joe, I'll be purchasing all four like a good Scarred Lands fanatic.)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
There are five. :) You forgot Paladins and Monks. :)

Ful, same here. I certainly think it will increase the readership once the first couple of Player's Guides comes out

Glaurung

First Post
Nightfall said:
Guess we'll just have to wait and see huh Mike? btw now that you've seen the Pr-classes, whadda think?

I've at least heard of most of them previously. But I'm really happy there will be more prcs for sorcs. They're probably my favorite class, and I've always felt they've lacked adequate prestige class options.

Gez

First Post
Interesting, that wyrm blooded thing. I'm curious to see the general list.

[Minor hijack: For CC3, I havn't received any redlines yet, so does this mean my critter has been accepted as is, or are the proofreading taking longer than expected ?]

Fevil

First Post
Gez- I have not recieved any redlines either, so I think that means that it has been accepted as-is.

Which is a good thing, as it means we got it right first time :D

Of course I could be wrong and they are just taking their time over the submissions.

Remove ads