• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player's Guide to Wizards, Bards and Sorcerers Update: Prestige Classes

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Just shows how popular you and the phenom you started. (Sort of. ;) )

(Btw I guess then my attempt to do the new DMG Pr-classes didn't work out so well then huh?)

But I don't think as many Pr-classes you make are that bad Joe. I like them. :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm glad to see that the prestige classes from the Books of Eldrich Might getting some setting integration information. what about the alternative bard and sorcerer?

SSS-Druid

First Post
As much as I myself may like those classes, the developmental intent behind the Scarred Lands is to stick with the core classes.

Frankly, I think I do our customers a far better service to create a setting that fits the characters of the game that they play, rather than to change the characters of their game to suit my setting.

Shadowdancer

First Post
SSS-Druid said:
Likewise, the rage-bringer learns to channel his bardic music into inciting barbarian-like rages in his allies, infuriating his foes to the point of detriment and the like.

Reading that, I got this cool mental image of like a slam poet, or a rap metal performer, up on a stump or dirt mound, exorting the tribal fighters as a mosh pit of raging barbarians forms in front of him. :cool:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Shadowdancer said:

Where can this be found? It sounds interesting.

Shelzar: City of Sin. It's a great book. :) Dave Brohman is a twisted, twisted man.

Dru-Joe,

Make sense to me. Besides we have yet to see what the 3.5 version of Bard is like in any case.

Starman

Adventurer
Starman, you very nearly cost me my keyboard. :) Mental Note: No drinking iced tea while reading EN Boards. Wandering Humor tables in effect.

Sorry about that.:D How about I make it up to you by buying this book when it comes out?

Starman

LGodamus

First Post
Slaver of the dead sounds right up my characters alley...............I hope there are some new necromancy spells I can snatch up.....

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Now I am really really curious about that book, *sniff*, of the wait..

SSS-Druid said:
I am very much a believer in this philosophy. In fact, I've been told that some of my prestige classes (such as the Helliann or High Astrologer from Relics & Rituals 2: Lost Lore) are too powerful.
[/B]

I don't think they were so powerful, at least not too so. They were about right for their specialization. And they had feeling of real specialization, and I like that.

Best of all, they had no needless feat-requirments.
That is really harrowing in rpg-centered campaings, since I don't like pre-planning my characters life from level one. What organization he or she joins or not, is something I really don't know at beginning of the game. And if there are three or more must-feats they make sure I

a) have to know in advance levels I am going to take and when

or

b) force me to take that prestige class so much later, and when my character finally qualifies, it's most likely not an issue anymore.

If feat-requiment is really directed at the class, and has actual game effect, and not a lame one just to shy away power-gamers, it's usually ok. Unique specialization flavor is ok to me also.

Always better way to me, is to make requiments as skill/BAB/or "must be able to cast lv x spells".

Remove ads