Players leaving the group: parting gift?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
A new PH with the signatures or some Dwarf Stones; the gem dice make very nice gifts. Dinner out at a nice place is also apprecieated, but they'll remember the book or dice longer.

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
EricNoah said:
Thanks for the ideas, keep 'em coming!

One thing I've done for the group is keep adventure logs on my website. What do you think of having the logs printed and bound up like a small book?

this is the best idea i have seen yet...even better than buying somethign from me :)

Arken

Explorer
Re: Re: Players leaving the group: parting gift?

Raistlin Majere said:

Kill their favorite PCs.

Either that or ressurrect every PC they ever played adn THEN kill them ;)

A big adventure in which at least some conclusion to their time in the group is reached is always nice I think. I guess I'd do something in RL like a meal or a present (gem dice are purdy!) but I would also try and pull off somehting special in the game, a mega adventure or something. Make them feel especially heroic for a night :p (sorry all a bit obvious, not feeling very imaginative today)

EricNoah

Adventurer
Re: Re: Re: Players leaving the group: parting gift?

Arken said:

A big adventure in which at least some conclusion to their time in the group is reached is always nice I think.

Oh yes, that's a given. :)

EricNoah said:
What do you think of having the logs printed and bound up like a small book?
I think that would be outstanding. It would be even better if you could get a few artist's sketches (of their PCs) to go with the bound campaign log. And these wouldn't have to be full-blown portraits: just a pencil sketch would be a nice touch.

King_Stannis

Explorer
Take a picture of the whole gaming group and buy a nice frame for each of them. This is what we did for someone that left our group a little while ago. Actually, we took the pic with a digital camera, printed it out on photopaper and cut it to size right then and there.

Eric,

I really like the idea of a bound campaign journal but I would make some copies of the maps you used and put them in a really nice folder. Also you could use the picture idea, have everyone sign the picture and slide it in the front of the folder, you know one of those folders with the clear outer window.

What I've done in the past, although I paint miniatures, is give them a really nice painted miniature of their character and a new PHB with the whole group sigining inside the front cover.

But remember, you've already given them the best gift of all, the memories of a great campaign....

Hope this helps Eric,

For Christmas this year, I got my DM a crossbow from Napoleon's Games (located in Shorewood, just north of Milwaukee).

It's wooden, and I bought a couple of bolts to use with it. The bolts are padded, not pointy. The range is way beyond the 80' a D&D 3e player might expect.

They're quite nice, and an unusual gift that fits with the activity.

If you're going to kill off their characters, give them the crossbow and run out before they open it. :D

Remove ads