Players leaving the group: parting gift?

DerianCypher

First Post
I know it sounds like a shamless plug but you might want to consider gettein em a dice bag my The Gamers Bag. You can get their initials monogrammed onto the bags and so far I haven't seen any bad remarks about them.

If you are interested check 'em out at http://www.thegamersbag.com

If you're really nice you could fill the bags with dwarven stones :D

DC

mistergone

First Post
Wow those dice bags are really really nice. The game log idea is a good idea too.. I know it's not too hard to go into a place like Kinko's and get multiple pages bound and even on special paper like some that looks like parchment

KnowTheToe

First Post
I think the dice bags with their initials or the Log both sound like great ideas. You might also want to get a cake with one of the doctored pictures of you with a beard.

Shallown

First Post
I once gave a departing player a pewter mug with the characters names (from the campaign we had played for two years ) engraved on one side and the players names on the other. Instead of GM I put Almighty Oz for myself as that is how he often refered to me.

Just a thought.

Later

I gave my entire group personalized dice bags from The Gamer's Bag for Christmas and everyone really seemed to enjoy them. That seems like a pretty good idea...

By the by... if one of your friends has the initials A.S..... email me Eric, I might have a bag for you already. (long story...)

fba827

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
Maybe a plaque or a photograph.

Ummm -- no gaming group I've ever been in was worthy of a photograph! ;)

a plaque with words, fine. but no pictures of the other group members.. that's just ... TOTALLY unnecessary.. ;)

Painfully

First Post
I like the idea of an adventure log, but here's a variation:

Give it a twist with a, "This is Your Life," kind of flair. Have each player write a page or so journal describing the departing PC and tell about their most memorable moments, both embarassing and proud, happy and sad, angry and funny. Just keep it all in character!

I suppose it might be fun to have everybody actually read it out loud for their respective characters. The DM might even throw in a "surprise" mystery guest or former NPC villain to give their view of the departing PC.

I think it would be a lot of fun, and it will take a lot of work, but really it just comes down to making a special journal.

When printing the journal I would recommend you hand scribble your normal out-of-character quote or signature to give it a more personal feeling. Such as, "Thanks for the memories --Eric," or whatever it is you wanna scrawl.

Remove ads