• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtesting?

D'karr

Adventurer
DonTadow said:
I hope so too. Is the RPGA really the people who should have been playtesting this thing first. I usually see rpg modules as the most undungeons and dragons things about the game. Straight hack and slashes with no real substance to the stories. Can't wait for the real players to get a crack at it.

Oh... Wow... There must be some Elite Gamemasters testing with the "real" players too. :\

The_Baldman

Explorer
DonTadow said:
I hope so too. Is the RPGA really the people who should have been playtesting this thing first. I usually see rpg modules as the most undungeons and dragons things about the game. Straight hack and slashes with no real substance to the stories. Can't wait for the real players to get a crack at it.

Ya nothing like eliteism amongst gamers in a hobby. LOL. The RPGA will do just fine testing the rules of the game. Have no fear. We did a good job with 3.0, 3.5, and we'll do it again with 4.0

Dave C
RPGA Stooge (aka note a 'real player')

helium3

First Post
BlackMoria said:
Sounds like a last minute change in methodology.

A random playtest runs counter to what David Noonan stated in his blog - namely, sign up for DnD Insider, get a group together, and watch DnD Insider for the playtest announcement.

I don't believe David Noonan was deliberately trying to mislead us on that comment, which means somebody has made a last minute change in selection methodology.

That sucks. :(

Once could argue that perhaps they've realized that they have a lot more work to do before the R&D department births it's newest creation. Thus, they don't have a lot of time to comb through endless posts and applications to find the perfect playtesters.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Let's put a stop to the RPGA/non-RPGA bickering. No matter which side of that fence you're on, you're a gamer -- just like the people on the other side of the fence.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
There are probably 250,000+ DND groups out there, ~75 of which get to playtest.

Keep your fingers crossed boys, but the odds are against us all. ;)

BlackMoria

First Post
Actually, the pool will be DnD Insider members (RPGA members have already been selected), which is probably far smaller. But point taken - the odds are long odds indeed.

Remove ads