Playtesting?

The_Baldman

Explorer
mhensley said:
No, Scott said that the application for playtesters would be made available "Sometime in September".

Tomatoe tomato my friend. My expectation is to have the materials in my hands and working on playtests in September. So maybe there is two waves or maybe I have been told wrong.

Dave C

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Thank you, BlackMoria, for the very detailed post. You've answered my questions.
BlackMoria said:
Don't for a moment think that playtesting is getting the material in advance of the rest of the public and indulging yourselves. It is a lot of work for the playtest lead and your 'end of playtest' report needs to be well written and address what the designer asked of you. Your group needs to be able to work to deadlines (sometimes they can be tight) as well.

NDAs - they are a sacred convenant. As playtest lead, you in essence are going 'to wear it' if someone in your group breaks the NDA. As playtest lead, you are in essence, the guaranteur that the NDA will be abided by as you are 'the face' for your group. Breaking a NDA by even one person in your group will result in your group being blacklisted from the playtest (and any future ones), possible legal issues and possibly getting a bad reputation with the d20 designer community (these guys know one another and talk to each other).
I'm already under NDA as an editor for Knowledge Arcana, so I'm aware of its nature. And, I understand the expectations involved with a group. Fortunately, I have 100% confidence in my players.
Good luck.
Indeed. Thanks.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Logan Bonner's blog said:
We're in a crunch trying to get classes spiffed up and entered into a database. We need to get our playtest packets together, and we're developing the classes rapidly. I've been in the rogue, ranger, and cleric meetings this week, and I think they're all on pretty solid ground.

Awesome.

And according to Chris Thomasson, Logan is a big iTunes fan.

So Mr. Bonner,
To what address should I send the iTunes gift certificate?

;)

BlackMoria

First Post
No. I've been checking DnDinsider, blogs and ENWorld for some sort of information on the playtest and so far, no joy on any further information.

Ruavel

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Same here.

I certainly hope this effort pays off. At this point, I'd be awfully disappointed if I didn't get in.
Likewise... but I'm not holding my breath. I don't have alot of playtest experience, and I'm not sure WotC will necessarily take my current design studies into account when considering any application I make.

Nonetheless, I'll keep waiting & hoping. You never know. I might get lucky. :)

Anyway, I would imagine that a call would go out soon. Especially if they're hoping to have the playtests run and reported on with enough time to address any serious issues before sending the PHB off to print.

Remove ads