Please criticize and give advices to my 1st-level Wizard Build

Danceofmasks

First Post
And on the flipside, I would (and did) take enlarge spell and mainly damage-based powers.
If you're dealing 1d6+8 to 2 targets, you're averaging 11.5x2. 23 damage
That's assuming you hit both, but if the odds of hitting every target is the same, hit/miss is just a multiplier on the average.
Now, if you deal 1d6+6 to 3 targets instead, you're averaging 9.5x3. 28.5 damage

Of course there are more attractive options, especially if you can throw in additional effects on your powers (such as psychic lock on the aforementioned winged horde), but with a modest damroll bonus, enlarge is rarely a bad choice.

lexoanvil

First Post
I'm playing a lv 13 staff wizard at the moment.
Leather + Staff of Ruin + Defensive Staff + Dual Implement Spellcaster + Shield + Wizard's Escape + Mass Resistance ...

It takes a AC-orientated defender to even compete with staff wizard on the subject of being nigh impossible to kill.
i just made a lv 11 wiz/battlemage along these guide lines and ew. crazy defenses and aoe damage. what did you choose for a paragon path out of curiosity?

matkov

First Post
I'm playing Thiefling wizzard (lvl 12 now) from his level 1. We are using only core 3 books + PHB 2. I cann't tell much about new spells but from core books and my personal experience.

- Flaming sphere is just awesome. Helps a lot in any fight.
a) Minions ? Come closer to me.
b) Solo ? Just ,ake sure he does not stun you and flaming sphere will do more damage than anything else.
c) Elites, soldiers ? Automatic dmg is your friend.

From at wills I use:

magic missile (it's just great when you need to take out that npc running away for reinforcements)

scorching burst as second to kill minions and it have effective range of 11.

feats: allmost all initiative related. My goal is to go first and hit as many enemies as I can. I often use my action point on the first round. Slowing, stunning, or just damaging a lot of them helps a lot. (icy rays on nonranged enemies is more than fun) Also having ranger with very high perception to avoid ambush helps a lot.

I'm trying no to get into mele situation and it's not that hard as levels go up.

Remove ads