• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please critique my campaign web site/house rules

As I mentioned in this thread, I'm prepping for a new campaign. I've set up a wiki for a campaign web site, swiped some art and text from WotC and now I've got it looking pretty much how I want.
So if you're interested, take a look.
I'd like to hear your thoughts about my race selections, house rules and the basics of the background.
As you'll see from the site, this is quite a departure from my group's regular playing style, but this might just be our last hurrah for 3.5e, so I wanted something a bit different. Likewise, this will be our first attempt at a campaign Web site, so I wanted to make it simple for the players. Let's hope it all works!

The Mercane Campaign

All comments are welcome. Tear me apart or praise me at your discretion!

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
Well it's hard to comment, as your pics are overlaying a lot of text. Your note about spells says that feats from non-WotC sources are approved on a case by case basis.

My only question about what I can see is why don't you just rule that a cleric's BAB is equal to his cleric level when wielding a favored weapon? The bonuses you give seem to be for that purpose, but they're just kinda...wonky.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Tequila Sunrise said:
Well it's hard to comment, as your pics are overlaying a lot of text.
Huh, looked fine to me in FireFox, with an extra-narrow browser window.

Tequila Sunrise said:
My only question about what I can see is why don't you just rule that a cleric's BAB is equal to his cleric level when wielding a favored weapon? The bonuses you give seem to be for that purpose, but they're just kinda...wonky.
Yeah, that is wonky. I didn't think Clerics were underpowered in the first place.

Also, what's the deal with Buffs? I don't understand what you intend with that change.

Cheers, -- N

Tequila Sunrise said:
Well it's hard to comment, as your pics are overlaying a lot of text.
Hmm. I've been fighting with that a lot. I keep trying to adjust them. I think I know how to adjust it.
Tequila Sunrise said:
Your note about spells says that feats from non-WotC sources are approved on a case by case basis.
Whoops!

Tequila Sunrise said:
Hey, good idea.

Nifft said:
I didn't think Clerics were underpowered in the first place.
My group is one of those groups that doesn't much like running clerics. This is an attempt at throwing a bone to someone who does decide to run a cleric.

Nifft said:
Also, what's the deal with Buffs? I don't understand what you intend with that change..
Ah this change I made for me, the DM. Basically, it allows me to say that every morning Bad Guy X casts his favorite buff spell and waits around to activate it when he finally needs it. That way, I don't waste an action. Of course, I could just say that Bad Guy X heard them coming and cast it, but this way I'm not cheating.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Mighty Halfling said:
My group is one of those groups that doesn't much like running clerics. This is an attempt at throwing a bone to someone who does decide to run a cleric.
Another way to deal with this would be to use Reserve HP or some other variant which reduces the need for a cleric... WotC already made the Cleric & Druid better than all other classes, and look how well that's working for your group. :\

Mighty Halfling said:
Ah this change I made for me, the DM. Basically, it allows me to say that every morning Bad Guy X casts his favorite buff spell and waits around to activate it when he finally needs it. That way, I don't waste an action. Of course, I could just say that Bad Guy X heard them coming and cast it, but this way I'm not cheating.
Gotcha. You do realize this seriously reduces the value of stealth tactics... but at high level, it also reduces the value of Scry-Buff-Telepunish, so maybe that's a good thing. :)

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads