• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please rate Eagle Claw Attack

Please rate the usefulness/must have of Eagle Claw Attack

• 1 - You should never take this feat

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • 2- Not very useful

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 3- of limited use

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 4- below average

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 5- Average

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 6- above average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7- above average and cool

• 8- good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9- Very good

• 10- Everyone should take this feat

Tar-Edhel

First Post
Since I think Sunder sucks (who wants to destroy the magic weapon you'll be fighting with next battle? :D), Eagle Claw gets a pretty bad score...

But even if I put my personnal tastes aside, I don't think it's very useful. As stated before, it gives you something you already had. So it's not even interesting from a role-playing point of view and you basically loose a feat.

Gaiden

Explorer
Eagle claw attack has just gotten much cooler - I recently went through Rokugan - the OA book on that campaign world and came across breaking blow. If you combine power attack, sunder, improved sunder, great sunder, improved unarmed combat, eagle claw attack, fist of iron, and breaking blow, you are doing some serious damage to whatever weapon you are hitting. Combine these feats with others like destructive rage and inanimate things will be dust at your hands.

Gaiden said:
Eagle claw attack has just gotten much cooler - I recently went through Rokugan - the OA book on that campaign world and came across breaking blow. If you combine power attack, sunder, improved sunder, great sunder, improved unarmed combat, eagle claw attack, fist of iron, and breaking blow, you are doing some serious damage to whatever weapon you are hitting. Combine these feats with others like destructive rage and inanimate things will be dust at your hands.

Breaking Blow does not require Eagle Claw Attack and still does not change the fact that Eagle Claw Attack is a feat that does nothing. You might as well take a feat that says "You Can Make Saving Throws." Whoop-de-do.

Gaiden

Explorer
Roland, I understand that breaking blow does not require eagle claw attack. However, in order to use breaking blow against a weapon it would require eagle claw attack. And dealing normal damage multiplied by two from improved sunder, while reducing the hardness by half from great sunder as well as then adding your str mod in d6's to damage while doubling again the damage (effectively tripling the dmg) means that a standard psychic warrior @ 8th level taking all of these feats that has lets say an 18th str will deal (2d4+4)x3+12d6 dmg to a weapon (while ignoring half its hardness) upon a successful opposed role and round of study.

Sure its not the greatest thing in the world but allowing the use of breaking blow during a sunder by taking eagle claw attack. However, considering average damage will be 71 to a weapon after ignoring half its hardness is not too shabby. Wouldn't you agree?

Gaiden said:
Roland, I understand that breaking blow does not require eagle claw attack. However, in order to use breaking blow against a weapon it would require eagle claw attack.

Wrong.

There is no rule that says a character cannot use an unarmed attack to sunder a weapon, or anything else for that matter.

Remove ads