• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Plz! Help me build my new character

Shellman

First Post
As far as TWF's go, I suggest going into the Tempest PrC. Its only five levels, but its the only PrC in 3.5 that gives ambidexterity and completeley negates the twf penalties with the appropriate feats.

szilard

First Post
You might also want to consider Scout instead of Rogue - you'd get better HD and AC... and skirmish would be cool if you want a highly mobile character. Low level scouts aren't distinctly wilderness characters in terms of their class features. Also, if you decide to eventually go into the Dervish prestige class, Scout mixes amazingly well with that.

Another option - if you have a good Wisdom for some reason - would be to take two levels of Monk for the unarmored AC bonus and the feats.

-Stuart

Seeten

First Post
Tempest and Dervish will rock your world.

To become Tempest:

Human Fighter 1: Dodge, Mobility, Two-Weapon Fighting
Human Fighter 2: Weapon Focus: Scimitar
Human Fighter 3: Combat Expertise
Human Fighter 4: Spring Attack
Human Fighter 5: -
Human Dervish 1: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Dervish Dance 1/day, Movement Mastery, Slashing Blades
Human Tempest 1: Tempest Defense +1
Human Tempest 2: Ambidexterity(-3/-1)
Human Tempest 3: Tempest Defense +2, Two-Weapon Versatility, Weapon Specialization: Scimitar
Human Tempest 4: Ambidexterity(-2/-0)

This build gives a host of benefits. Fast movement, take 10 on tumble checks, full attacks with full moves, scimitar is a light weapon, -0 and -2 for main hand/offhand with twf, +4 AC, and level 11 is your last tempest level, then its straight ahead to the rest of dervish.

FalcWP

Explorer
Seeten said:
Tempest and Dervish will rock your world.

To become Tempest:

Human Fighter 1: Dodge, Mobility, Two-Weapon Fighting
Human Fighter 2: Weapon Focus: Scimitar
Human Fighter 3: Combat Expertise
Human Fighter 4: Spring Attack
Human Fighter 5: -
Human Dervish 1: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Dervish Dance 1/day, Movement Mastery, Slashing Blades
Human Tempest 1: Tempest Defense +1
Human Tempest 2: Ambidexterity(-3/-1)
Human Tempest 3: Tempest Defense +2, Two-Weapon Versatility, Weapon Specialization: Scimitar
Human Tempest 4: Ambidexterity(-2/-0)

This build gives a host of benefits. Fast movement, take 10 on tumble checks, full attacks with full moves, scimitar is a light weapon, -0 and -2 for main hand/offhand with twf, +4 AC, and level 11 is your last tempest level, then its straight ahead to the rest of dervish.

The only change I'd make here is a level of ranger, swashbuckler, or even barbarian at level 1. All of these are more useful than that fifth level of fighter, if only for the increased skill points. Of course, they each provide an extra ability of some sort (Track and a favored enemy, Weapon Finesse, Rage and Fast Movement) to go along with those extra skill points.

Seeten

First Post
Human Scout 1: Dodge, Mobility, Skirmish(1d6), Trapfinding
Human Scout 2: Uncanny Dodge, Battle Fort +1
Human Scout 3: Fast movement +10', Trackless Step, Skirmish(1d6, +1AC), Weapon Focus: Short Sword
Human Scout 4: Combat Expertise
Human Scout 5: Evasion, Skirmish(2d6, +1AC)
Human Scout 6: Flawless Stride, Two-Weapon Fighting
Human Scout 7: Skirmish(2d6, +2AC)
Human Dervish 1: Dervish Dance 1/day, Movement Mastery, Slashing Blades
Human Dervish 2: Fast Movement +5', Weapon Finesse
Human Dervish 3: Spring Attack, Dervish Dance 2/day

Dervish Dance allows all sorts of craziness. Full move, and full attack, you can move 10 feet between every attack, allowing skirmish dmg on every single attack. Also gives +2 hit and +2 dmg to all attacks while dancing.

FalcWP

Explorer
the_mighty_agrippa said:
Any warrior with an 8 Con should include a pine box on his equipment list and take the Leadership feat so his followers can take up a collection for his burial.

Quite possibly; as I said in the my analysis, the lack of HP hurts. I also pointed out that the build had a higher Charisma than normal, to go for more of a swashbuckler feel. Swapping the two would give an extra 20 hit points, and is worth it if the campaign will include lots of combat. If there will be more non-violent interactions, the extra charisma might keep him from having to fight as often.

pressedcat

First Post
Seeten said:
Human Scout 1: Dodge, Mobility, Skirmish(1d6), Trapfinding
Human Scout 2: Uncanny Dodge, Battle Fort +1
Human Scout 3: Fast movement +10', Trackless Step, Skirmish(1d6, +1AC), Weapon Focus: Short Sword
Human Scout 4: Combat Expertise
Human Scout 5: Evasion, Skirmish(2d6, +1AC)
Human Scout 6: Flawless Stride, Two-Weapon Fighting
Human Scout 7: Skirmish(2d6, +2AC)
Human Dervish 1: Dervish Dance 1/day, Movement Mastery, Slashing Blades
Human Dervish 2: Fast Movement +5', Weapon Finesse
Human Dervish 3: Spring Attack, Dervish Dance 2/day

Dervish Dance allows all sorts of craziness. Full move, and full attack, you can move 10 feet between every attack, allowing skirmish dmg on every single attack. Also gives +2 hit and +2 dmg to all attacks while dancing.

I'm currently playing a very similar character myself, though i've gone with Scout: 4, Swashbuckler:3, Dervish: 1. I've so far only played one game, but it all seemed to tie in nicely together. One important note to make is the dervish bonuses only work with slashing weapons, so you'd be better off with weapon focus scimitar, especially since the first level of dervish so obligingly makes it a light weapon.
The levels in swashbuckler mean you can add int. bonus to damage and also gives you wepon finesse for free. This meant i could drop the str. stat in favour of intelligence, and thus get way more skill points to spend so i could maximise the long list of scout class skills.
I'm also considering taking one level in shadowdancer, just so i can hide in plain sight;)

Seeten

First Post
Scout doesnt have scimitar on its list, that'd require a feat to aquire, if a short sword isnt a slashing weapon(oops?) change focus to any other slashing weapon on the scouts limited list.

Ok, so for Scout, only decent slashing weapon they can use is Handaxe. So, Handaxe.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads