pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"That's a lot of fire," Torrent says while looking down the trail. "I'm staying on the Elfroad. I don't care if any of you go check out those bodies, but if you're going to do it quick. I only have so many potions." While talking Torrent reaches back to her knapsack and pats a side pouch.

Torrent turns to Liiros. "Stand the Heat should protect our stuff. It's kinda weird because the spell doesn't protect against open flames, so it's only protecting your stuff from so much."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I guess you are right," the small halfling says kicking at the ash in the road. "We do not want to be here," she continues gesturing to the forest around them. "Any longer than we need to be. Come on Fritz."

Hefting her backpack she takes the lead with Fritz close behind.

[sblock=OOC] Need to copy/paste my spells for the day over to this thread. [/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Leaving the burnt corpses behind, the party continues on down the Elfroad. After about another mile you pass another trail splitting off the road. This one is unoccupied and you quickly pass it by.

[sblock=Lytha]Shortly past the second trail, Lytha sees something hiding in the burning forest off to the side of the Elfroad. It's humanoid is shape and wearing a tattered brown cloak. It's skin is green and scaled. It has the face of a commanding, honest man, but its eyes glow with infernal fire, and its thick beard writhes and bites like a nest of vipers.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha hasn't been keen on the literal trial by fire either. Arshen had been right to see it as a warning sign.

When they further continued into the strange fire forest, the elf suddenly slowed down and whispered to the others: “Careful now! Someone... something is hiding over there on the side. A strange man with green scales, and eyes glowing with infernal fire, and vipers as a beard.”

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Wha?..." Shaylir says confused, "Are you unnerved by this place too?" She looks towards Lythra. "I usually hum when I'm nervous and Fritz likes it. Were you trying to remember a poem? Was that what you were whispering?"

Antithetist

First Post
"It sounds a most foul and wicked creature," Arshen mutters gravely. He doesn't look around, and keeps his voice low. "Doth it appear hostile? I like not that such a fiend should follow us, but it would do us no good to be lured from the path."

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros resists the urge to look, fighting his curiousity. Continuing on like nothing's amiss, keeping his head facing forward, he whispers quietly "Ignore it. If it attacks, then we'll do something about it. Hopefully it'll leave us alone......I just want to get out of this place quickly."

Rhun

First Post
"Very well," says Hollister quietly, though he didn't like being spied upon. But perhaps Liiros was correct, and the being was no threat to them. Perhaps it was observing them out of sheer curiosity. The fire mage didn't believe that for a moment, but he was trying to be optimistic.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
As the party subtly discusses the hiding creature it explodes in a flower-like burst of fire. When the burst subsides the creature is gone. Hollister, you recognize the effect as the result of some planer magic, though the burst of flame is decidedly unusual for simple teleportation. As best anyone can see while remaining on the Elfroad the creature left nothing behind.

Eager to exit the fire forest, the party presses onward. After an hour you come to a steep ravine crossed by a stone arch. It is 20 feet wide and 50 feet across, and the Elfroad travels over it. There are three-foot-high stone railings on either side of the arch. As a whole it looks a little worse for the wear, and the stone railings have been broken off in a couple of places.

Last edited:

Remove ads