pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Drawing out her sling Shaylir says to the group, "I'll cover everyone," her cheeks dimpling as she smiles.

Rhun

First Post
"Fireball teleport," mumbles Hollister as the creature disappears, scratching his goatee and pondering. "It could be highly effective...gets me out of harm's way, and leaves a fireball in my place." The fire mage chuckles. "Perhaps I'll have to research just such a spell in the future."

Later, when they come to the bridge, Hollister nods at Shaylir's offer of covering the group. But the cautious mage wasn't about to go across first. "I'll follow Liiros."

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros glances back at the others and hesitates for a moment, then sighs, and says "Very well, it seems no one else is going to cross first." The elf leaves his weapons sheathed for now and strides carefully across the stone bridge, mostly watching the floor near his feet and trying to find the safest way across, wary for fragile- or loose-looking stonework.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Alright,” Lytha agrees, nodding slightly.

The elf then follows Liiros, carefully stepping onto the worn stone bridge.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
With Liiros in the the lead the party cautiously makes its way over the bridge. The ravine is rocky and almost devoid of vegetation. This creates a pocket of cooler air that is drawn upwards by the rising hot air from the burning forest on either side of it. You're buffeted by gusts of pleasantly cooler wind as you cross.

As the party crests the arch and begins descending an evil-looking dog steps out from the burning forest about 30 feet ahead of you. It's unnaturally large, with a wiry build and short brown fur. It holds itself proudly and moves with an air of cordial ferocity. It's eyes glow read. It holds what you guess is a human thigh bone in its mouth. Tiny flames lick around the bone every time it exhales.

It moves to the center of the road.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Will this one vanish, too, or will we have to make it vanish?” Lytha asks the others a little nervously, not really expecting them to know the answer, however.

Rhun

First Post
Hollister lets flames crackle about his hand, though he is doubtful how much damage his beloved fire could inflict on a creature already closely aligned with that element. After a moment, he recalls to mind the words of another spell that will send magical darts streaking into the enemy's body.

Ready action to cast magic missile if the hound attacks.

Also, any chance Hollister knows what the hound is, or any details about it? Not sure which knowledge skill would be used.

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
"A demon?" Arshen queries, staring hard at the beast. "Or doth this pass for wildlife in such a place? Either way, if it blocks the road, it must be removed."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fritz cowers behind Shaylir at the fire dogs approach. "Don't worry Fritz," she says loading a rock into her sling. "I'm sure it just wanted across and didn't see us already on the bridge."

[sblock=ooc] Ready action: hurl a sling stone if it moves to attack anyone. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads