Pogre's New Story Hour with Mini pics - (12/7 The Final Update)

LuYangShih

First Post
It appears my calcuations were off by about 13 or so episodes. But as was foretold by the great prophets of the elder age, the Great Gerhardt was unable to be felled by any mortal blade. Lo, though he now finds himself besotten by drink, soon he shall rise up once more to lead the faithful to conquer all, in his most glorious name. That time is soon coming, but for now, the Great Gerhardt must rest and contemplate the battles to come. :D

pogre

Legend
LuYangShih said:
It appears my calcuations were off by about 13 or so episodes. But as was foretold by the great prophets of the elder age, the Great Gerhardt was unable to be felled by any mortal blade. Lo, though he now finds himself besotten by drink, soon he shall rise up once more to lead the faithful to conquer all, in his most glorious name. That time is soon coming, but for now, the Great Gerhardt must rest and contemplate the battles to come. :D

Well, if the episodes from this SH had been as short as the last one, you would have been right on the $. Thanks for dropping by LYS - you added a lot to this effort and your fun comments were always appreciated!

pezagent said:
I finally made it to your story hour... fun stuff!

Gnarlo said:
Hey, pogre, finally getting caught up in my reading after a busy couple of weeks at work, and this is what I come back to... the end of the LoTR movies this month as well as the end to your story hour... Gods, no, too much grief....

Thanks for giving us a synopsis this time, though I suppose actually having a survivor makes it easier to do Looking forward to your next one, make sure you pimp it real good.

Thanks for dropping by guys. If I write another SH I will pimp it big time - I promise!

Old One

First Post
pogre said:
Well, if the episodes from this SH had been as short as the last one, you would have been right on the $. Thanks for dropping by LYS - you added a lot to this effort and your fun comments were always appreciated!

Thanks for dropping by guys. If I write another SH I will pimp it big time - I promise!

Pogre,

Hey...what is this IF crap? Get those dungeons and minis set up, get the dice rollin' and get back to killing characters off!

C'mon...ya know ya want to ;)!

~ Old One

pogre

Legend
Old One said:
Pogre,

Hey...what is this IF crap? Get those dungeons and minis set up, get the dice rollin' and get back to killing characters off!

C'mon...ya know ya want to ;)!

~ Old One

Well, we're playing again - three sessions in the can and I am painting like mad to keep up. I am keeping a detailed DM's log for future Story Hour writing. It probably will wait for a while as I coach track & field in the Spring. I would expect to see a new pogre SH in late May or early June.

Enjoying your latest updates BTW!

BSF

Explorer
Hey Pogre!

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that you have readers all ready and waiting for your new Story Hour when you kick it off. If'n you thought that maybe you would like to start posting sooner than May/June, I think you would receive a hearty welcome. ;)

pogre

Legend
BardStephenFox said:
Hey Pogre!

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that you have readers all ready and waiting for your new Story Hour when you kick it off. If'n you thought that maybe you would like to start posting sooner than May/June, I think you would receive a hearty welcome. ;)

BardStephenFox you made my friggin' night!

In a way I am tempted to start posting - this whole SH thing is so addicting! Instead though let me tell you what I am doing:

We play once a week and we have five solid sessions in with one longer session from a rare weekend game. Following each session I write up a DM's log for my players to read. They send me corrections and additions. Believe me you would not want me to post that - it is boring as hell - it's more like a bulleted list.

I bought a new camera - no more pictures on floppy drives - this new camera has a minidisc and the pictures are much nicer. Some of the later pictures on my figure and model thread were taken with this beauty.

I am painting every single monster for the campaign I can. I am painting at break neck speed to keep up. I am averaging about four figures a week - yes, that's cranking for me.

Just this week, I started to sketch out the episodes in a framework, including the pictures I want to take with the miniatures. I think the next Story Hour will be much higher quality.

Finally, I am really waiting for the party to get past 5th level ;) They are not too far away, so I am holding my breath. The campaign currently has a waiting list of folks who want in, which is so nice because before I was beating the bushes a couple of Summers ago trying to find players.

So, I doubt that I will be able to post before late May/ June, but when I do I think it will be worth the wait. I hope to create something much bigger and better than anything I have done before.

Thanks for asking - I really appreciate it very much!

BSF

Explorer
Heh - It's been two more months of pogre story hour jonesin'. :)

I know pogre will post when he is ready to undertake a story hour again, but I just want to bump this up for those people that might have missed the shenanigans of Gerhardt and company. For those of you that somehow missed it, go back and read. Is great fun!

pogre

Legend
BardStephenFox said:
Heh - It's been two more months of pogre story hour jonesin'. :)

I know pogre will post when he is ready to undertake a story hour again, but I just want to bump this up for those people that might have missed the shenanigans of Gerhardt and company. For those of you that somehow missed it, go back and read. Is great fun!

Status is much as before - I am knee deep in track season right now. Fortunately, the team is performing very well and I am one happy coach!

Ironically, I was working on some campaign stuff when I saw this thread. You may find Scorch's Story Hour of interest. The DM ran one of my adventures last session and the SH author promises to update soon. Scorch has made a ton of really beautiful dungeon tiles with Hirst Arts molds and he has promised pictures!

Thanks for the bump StephenBardFox - I hope the next SH will be worth the wait!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
pogre said:
The campaign currently has a waiting list of folks who want in...

Well there is one really good meta-game solution for "the raise dead problem."

Your character dies, you are rotated out of the game. Yeah, maybe they'll raise or ressurrect you, but it will be a while before you have a seat at the table again.

That would put the sting of death back into the game...

Wulf

BSF

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:
Well there is one really good meta-game solution for "the raise dead problem."

Your character dies, you are rotated out of the game. Yeah, maybe they'll raise or ressurrect you, but it will be a while before you have a seat at the table again.

That would put the sting of death back into the game...

Wulf

Whoa! No doubt! In the right environment, that would be really interesting to try.

Remove ads