• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Point Buy?

Mogwaimon

First Post
Hey all.I'm trying to make a character for the Living ENWorld campaign, and this is my first time actually playing a D20 game, or any RPG for that matter, outside of freeform online RPs and a D&D teaser in the back of the Spine of the World novel.I was wondering...For the point buy system, would one start their attributes at 10-11 and buy their modifiers themselves?Because, if there is 30 points for attributes, and I'm buying the actual score, then only 1 or 2 attributes end up being decent, and the rest are 0, y'know?So, do I start all attributes from 10-11 and go from there, or what?

mikebr99

Explorer
With the point buy system... you start w/ 8's in all.

ability score/cost

9/1
10/2
11/3
12/4
13/5
14/6
15/8
16/10
17/13
18/16

Mike

Mogwaimon

First Post
Ah, I see...

Ah, alright.Thanks ^^

And thanks for the welcome to the boards.I may or may not stay on.I tend to drift at times, but I really want to try this out, although it'll be difficult seeing as my father hasn't gotten a phone for our house yet and my only internet access is either by my friend's computer or my uncle's.

As for what type of character I'm making, I'm making a dwarf who wants to be a
pirate.Strange, yes, but I like dwarves, and I want to break the mold a bit.He's probably going to be high on Charisma, Strength, and Dexterity, I should think.

pfloyd

The Dude Abides
Welcome aboard!

Where in the Leominster area are you getting your gaming stuff? I may have an idea where, but I just want to see if I'm right. (I'm in Worcester.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads