• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Point Pleasant

hadn't really heard much about it, but I did watch it tonite. My reaction.... so-so. It's no X-Files (except for the last season, maybe, as the TV Guide reviewer said)... it'll have to really improve it's writing and plot twists to keep me watching.

BTW, who was the woman vamping on the good dr. in his office (the one with the persistent cough)? She looked familiar....

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I don't know. It's no Twin Peaks, even though it seems to be trying to be. I'll check out tomorrow night, but so far I'm not overly impressed.

Chun-tzu

First Post
I thought it sounded interesting from the TV Guide description (something about good vs. evil), but also found it way too OC. After 40 min, I switched to West Wing.

Bill Scott

First Post

Mercule

Adventurer
Hadn't heard about it, so I missed Part I. Concept looks vaguely intriguing. I'll try to catch Part II, tonight. What do I need to know from Pt I?

I liked it well enough. Sure, it'll need to get moving a little better, but I'm typically a bit forgiving of pilot episodes. It takes time to set something like that up properly.

Although I just watched the first four X-files episodes on DVD the other day. Now, that's a good Pilot.

Negative Zero

First Post
the story outline and ideas were pretty good but the acting and directing ... and pretty much everything else was pretty bad ... oh wait, the chics are mostly hot. (what am i doing in Brooklyn? i should move to Jersey!) i forgave most of the mistakes because it was a pilot but Marti Noxon better get her act together if she expects me to stick around. :p

oh and they've really got to stop with the overly dramatic ominous music everytime Satan's kid is onscreen.

~NegZ

Ruined

Explorer
Yeah, I'm kind of giving it a 'meh' response myself. It makes me yearn for American Gothic. Given that it was a pilot and had to get the ball rolling, I'll give it some leeway for now.

Thanks for clarifying the Dina Myer bit. I knew she looked familiar to me, too.

Remove ads