Polis: Welcome to the City

Orichin

First Post
"I have another question first," Draii replies quickly, "this runedisk storage facility, is it secure or is it inside the foundry?"

After waiting for the reply, Draii leans back in the booth and takes another sip of his wine before informing the director of his willingness to accept the mission.

Lurker 2.0

First Post
"The Primary Crystalviewer and Runedisk Storage may be found on the third floor of Lorzhin Foundry. Hostile presence within the Storage Facility itself is unknown. The insertion point will be via flight on the roof of Lorzhin, 4 meters vertically and 19.5 meters horizontally from the Storage Facility."
He waits for Ulthan's response before answering Nicolo.

dead_radish

Explorer
A short, but very stocky, bald and tattooed halfling walks into the bar at this point, and surveys the crowd. Spotting what he assumes to be the send of the note (and likely his fellow mercs), he heads there directly.

Approaching the table, he takes an empty seat without preamble, and nods to everyone assembled. "Sorry I'm late. Had a run in down the street. Elf thought it would be funny to point out I'm short. Probably have to pay his hospital bills."

He tosses his letter on the table. "Tharas. What did I miss?" (OOC: I've read the thread to here, I'm fine w/assuming he gets up to speed without any posts.).

"So, lemme tell you what I see here: The dwarves run the mill. The gobs are the labor. This dwarf, he's someone important? Owns 6 businesses, right? Someone wants in on his business, or wants him removed, they get the gobs to revolt. It's all over the news. The real backers blame the gobs, the gobs get shafted, the dwarf dissappears, or gets leaned on, or warned, or whatever. There's nine different plots in the background, or you wouldn't have called in mercs, you would have used a close team. We're getting paid well to kill some gobs, and pull out a dwarf, and if we fail, you don't know us."

He considers, sucking on a foul-smelling cigar he found somewhere on his person. "That about right?"

Last edited:

Orichin

First Post
"That's generally the disclaimer on any merc assignment that pays well." Draii says a bit more sharply than he intended. Apparently he hadn't been impressed by the 'elf' anecdote.

Lurker 2.0

First Post
In response to the halfling's verbosity, Lu'hn merely raises a stiff eyebrow, his face pratically creaking from the motion. "The mission is under a Code Seven qualification."
Code Seven is infamous among everyone who has to deal with bureaucracy, and is merely the latest incarnation of the ancient espionage classification: Need-To-Know Basis.
"Mission insertion begins at 1540. North Ridge Outpost." That's a fifteen-minute walk. It's 1520 now. The External Agency is also infamous for throwing mercenaries into dangerous situations without enough time to prepare - it's fireball-fodder work, but it's good pay.

dead_radish

Explorer
Tharas grins at both responses. "Fair enough. That's expected, I guess. I'm a tough ol' bugger." He stands up and makes a show of putting out his cigar, and brushing his hands clean, then grabs his spear and heads to the door. "You folks comin'? My lil' legs might take longer to get there, if you think I should have a headstart. Or we can plan on the way."

jpwic

First Post
"Hmm sounds good, we should probably hustle a bit so we can do a quick scouting of the outside." Nicolo adds in.

OOC I'm going to out of town until sunday or so (Out of town), if Lurker wants to NPC me thats fine:)

dead_radish

Explorer
"Fair enough. Though with their normal concern for us, we'll be lucky if we make it with time to lace our boots." Tharas does, though, noticeably quicken his pace if the others hustle, to the point of almost jogging.

"I ain't worked with you folks before. I'm Tharas, I'm muscle. And if we need to keep people from gettin' away, I'm yer man. They get hit with this thing, they'll either fall down, or stop in their tracks. Little secret I picked up."

OOC: I'm going out of town too - I'll have access through tonight, then nothing until Saturday evening. Same to the NPC comment, if needed.

Last edited:

Orichin

First Post
"Take your headstart, I'll meet you there." Draii calls, emptying his wineglass and leaving it on the table as he trots out the door.

ooc: grabbing a spell component pouch on the way there at phb cost if there's no objections. provided I can still make it to the site in time.

Last edited:

Remove ads