Polis: Welcome to the City

Lurker 2.0

First Post
(OOC: Well, I'll be without net access too, so game's more or less suspended until Monday. Orichin - spell component pouch okay'd.)
The weather, such of it that exists on the levels of the Web - that chunk of city underneath thousands of mithral-insulated ley-lines, higher-level bridges, and various civilized debris - is dreary. A wind just barely strong enough to be felt underneath warm clothing spurts and coughs through alleyways and streets.
Constitution checks, everyone. (Endurance applies).

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
A tall, fair man with short dark hair and a small beard enters the bar just as the group leaves it; a minute or so later, before the group has left, he exits again and heads towards them. He is handsome and wears what appear to be quite expensive clothes: a red silk scarf, a deep blue double-breasted wool coat with gold buttons and blue woollen trousers (both with fur lining) insulate the man from the cold and look snappy to boot.

"Good day," he says in an pleasing tenor with no identifiable accent. "It seems that I will be joining you; I apologize for my lateness, but I was unavoidably detained." A young woman possesing great charm and heartwarming charity had been dissapointed, but forgiving, when his manservant had come bearing 'urgent news' demanding his attention. "My name is Alexi Radanov, and although I would be pleased to learn your names, we should get moving." He casts his eyes about, looking, perhaps, for a commercial method to convey the group in relative comfort and speed.* He pays the full fair without comment, if such conveyance is found.

After recieving the presumed round of introductions and descriptions as to the various members areas of expertise, his head inclines slightly in greeting, and he goes on in a businesslike manner.

"I myself am a wizard; I can disable a greater or lesser number of foes or temporarily convince one that he is my bosom companion. I possess numerous other dweomers and, given a quarter of an hour, can have them ready. I thought," he continues reasonably, "that it would be best to leave some flexibility until we survey the situation more fully."

*Horse and buggy? A bunch of low orcs/halflings hauling a rickshaw? Permanent Tenser's Floating Disk-style cabs? Not sure what to expect from this world, although I like it a lot thus far. :)

ooc: Dice results here. That's a +2 modifier if a constitution check, getting a total of 13; if it's a fortitude save, add +1, and if it's a save vs. cold weather, add +5 for cold weather gear.

jpwic

First Post
Ugh I rolled a 6 (if fortitude an 8)

"Pleased to meet you" Nicolo says to Alexi.

"Hmm... It looks like this guy may be the only person who is really any sort of competition for me," Nicolo thinks to himself.

OOC sorry for taking so long to post, I've been kind of busy this week so far.

dead_radish

Explorer
Tharas shakes his head at the newcomer. "Pleased you could join us, yer lordship. B'sure you don't get any dirt on yer fancy clothes, or yer bosoms, eh? I suspect we may be tramping through sewers before this escapade is over."

Muttering quietly to himself in Halfing, stamps along at the front of the group, nearly jogging in his attempt to set a fast walk for the vertically over-endowed. "So are any of you in the least bit quiet or sneaky?"

Last edited:

Orichin

First Post
Draii leans his shoulder against a convenient wall within sight of the point his teammates would be arriving at. Draii let his cloak whip around him in the wind, but used a black bandana and brimmed hat that matched his outfit to keep his hair from getting too windblown. His pale, chiseled features began to attain some color with their exposure to the wind. Cupping his gloved hands in front of his face to blow warm air onto his numbing cheeks, Draii hoped he wouldn't wait long.
The small-stitched gray embroidery that covered the entirety of his finely cut black clothing ran in swirling lines and rough patterns that intentionally hid the normal contours of the body, leaving an impression of a silohuette at a distance.

Last edited:

Lurker 2.0

First Post
OOC: major form of transportation is permanent teleportation circles for mass/long-distance movement. For on-foot travel, construct creatures or rarely living animals, are used. An Effigy Light Horse [Construct from Complete Arcana] costs 5,000 gp for the body, and another 6,000 gp on the market, or 3,000 gp + 240 XP for someone with Craft Construct or an Effigy Master. Most creatures of the "animal" type larger than Tiny size no longer exist, so living mounts are more likely to be exotica like nightmares, pegasai, gryphons, or exotic animals with the Magebred template from Eberron.
OOC 2: The Constitution check is basically to determine stamina, i.e. who gets there first... which believe it or not, does matter. (Not entirely related, but I'm not really certain why so many endurance-based activities use a Con check rather than a Fort save... you'd expect a Fighter to be naturally better at forced marching than a Wizard... hm.)

Spot checks and Initiative for Ulthan, Tharas, Draii.

Remove ads