• Starship Warden - Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars, of Space: 1889

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • the Ubiquitous "Other"

Votes: 47 41.6%

Turlogh

Explorer
Voted for Shadowrun but I also am not overly enthused by the rules, but the world is great.

I also like Traveller- only played the new era, and own 4th ed, but it is great for Si-Fi gaming (with the right group), just waiting for T20 Traveller, and the long rumored 5th ed.

Tsyr

Explorer
The thing about Rifts is... while it is fairly popular, at least around here it is anyhow, it's really not that _GREAT_ of a setting. Sure... it can be a BLAST to play in, and there is a lot of potential... but as one cohesive, logical setting... it doesn't make it. It's kinda like swiss army knives... Sure, their is a lot to them, they are pretty popular and all that... I have three or four... but they are all sitting in a drawer in my bedroom. There is a reason I carry the same single-bladed knife I've had since boyscouts... As a knife, it's much better.

Rayston

First Post
Shadowrun MUSH

I voted Shadowrun

By far the best world outside of D&D stuff, ( BTW my absolute fave is Ravenloft, but thats D&D and thus not applicable to this poll)

The world, the history, the feel of it, the rulessystem is one of my favorites as well

BTW

I am part of a cool Shadowrun MUSH

Shadowrun MUSH : Seattle

shadowrun.dnaco.net 4201

if you dont know much about MU*'s check out http://www.mudconnector.com

it has all kinds of usefull help files to getcha goin.

you can download a good MU* client at

http://simplemu.onlineroleplay.com/

but enough of my trolling for players

;-)

Rayston

trancejeremy

Adventurer
>>The Earth of Dark Conspiracy's an option but Glorantha isn't?

Dark Conspiracy's setting was great. At least it doesn't have giant talking ducks (I've never understood how people could take Glorantha seriously...)

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Settings

Being part of the great horde who voted "other", I now present my favorites.

Ærth, the setting for Dangerous Journeys: Mythus. Really 6 settings in one; the surface world, the underground, and the inner world, and all this repeated for two worlds. Dozens of nations, relics of ancient times, beasts long extinct in the real world. Marsupial polar bears even nastier than the placental version. Col. Pla-doh's reading of the old pulps shows here in a way it never got the chance to in DnD.

Marl, from The World of Bloodshadows by West End Games. The World of Bloodshadows was a Masterbook game, eventually composed of six books. A gonzo mix of noir, dark fantasy, and horror. That all hangs together. You could play a character in a world with vampires, cthulhoid beasts, and gang lords all trying to make it in a world that could best be described as the World of Darkness gone bad.

Ki, from Tales of the Wolf Folk Sea. My current project. Bits of it will be appearing over at The Gaming Outpost and when I have enough it'll be released as a PDF.

Those are the settings I like, among others.

Alan

grodog

Hero
I voted for Other as well, although MA almost got my vote for favorite setting. However, I have to go with two quasi-Pagan Publishing settings:

- Blue Planet (Biohazard Games was founded by ex-Pagan Publishing folks)

- End Times (an old Pagan project that never saw the light of day, which, in part, inspired Blue Planet)

But then, I'm biased on the BP front, too ;->

qstor

Adventurer
I voted for Traveller. I own a lot of Traveller stuff. Most of the old LBB (Little black books) and some of the Group Digest Publication stuff as well as several GURPS Traveller books. I remember how psyched I was when it came out in '98. I'm waiting for GURPS Traveller: Imperial Navy.

Mike

The Sunderer

First Post
I have a few favourites...

Gloranthia
Shadowrun
Werewolf version of the World of Darkness (although I hate the system )
Earthdawn
Feng Shui - Why am I the first to mention Feng Shui?

Remove ads