PoPP - Leaf (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As he moves away from you to the east, Mustapha continues lighting his peculiar little bowls and telling his story.

'...it appears that the prince had two great weaknesses: fine horses and beautiful women. He had spent many . . .'.

Then, very shortly after he moves out of sight his voice cuts off suddenly and completely . . .

Attachments

• Granary - Leaf.jpg
    Granary - Leaf.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Mustapha, what is it?" Leaf asks hurrying as best he can in the warforge's direction. "What do you..." Leaf starts to say, holding his torch high and the trident in his other hand, "...see?"

[sblock=OOC] Think I'm at L14 and will move across the 14 row as far as I can or till I see Mustapha. I guess I could ready an action, like attack anything threatning Mustapha I see. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"LEAF!"

Mustapha's voice sounds urgent as he calls out your name. Just as you reach the place you thought he would be a tremendous flash lights the fog and the skeletal creature to your NE is immolated in flame. Some of the burning liquid catches your pants - it burns itself out quickly, but the two small holes in your clothing stand mute testimony to the virulence of the splash. Eerily, there is no sound accompanying the explosion - for a split second you hear nothing at all, in fact; but once the creature falls to the ground the normal sounds of the granary are restored to your ears.

Mustapha's voice is silent again . . .

Abraxis is up. That skeleton marked on your map is dead.

Attachments

• Granary - Leaf.jpg
    Granary - Leaf.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 71
  • Black Echelon Operative.jpg
    Black Echelon Operative.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Mustapha, where are you? Mustapha?" Leaf calls out as he wlks around the smoldering pile of bones. Holding his trident ready in one hand should he need it.

[sblock=OOC] Move to th esquare north of the dead skeleton. Go into total defense. I'm going to take two weapon fighting might start with trident/torch combo LOL [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: OK, there are several ways you could react to the situation as it unfolds due to your movement, so I need to walk you through this a square at a time to see your reactions at each square - difficult without a map, but maybe you could sketch something out on paper to help you keep track?

IC:

You take up total defense and step 5' North. Mustapha is visible to your NorthWest. He's plainly fighting something just out of your sight to HIS NorthEast (2 squares due north of you), and speaking as well, but there is no sound at all coming from the fight.

(25' of movement left, along with a Standard Action)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Abraxis I think Mustapha is in trouble," Leaf says cautiously following around the usually talkative warrior to see what he is fighting.

[sblock=Actions]
l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l
l l llMl l ll l
l l ll lLlxl l l
l l llAl l l l l
l l l l l l l l l

Key:
White is area I can see (one 5' square all around) and dark blue is shadow
M = Mustapha
L = Leaf
x = dead skeleton
A = Abraxis

Asumming this is correct after my first 5'step these will be my actions:
1) Move one square north - if...
-a) I see Mustapha's attacker and am adjacent to them (i.e. they are in the square north of Mustapha) I stop and am ready next round.
-b) I do not see who he is attacking then move NW to the northern square above Mustapha (if an assailant is spotted refer back to -a)
2) After those two moves and still no attacker in range to be spotted I will move one square west, putting me NW of Mustapha.

Think my movement is 20' and total defense eats up my stansard action this round. Will get my stat box edited in here. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Got it - after you move another square north, Mustapha is to your West, and another skeletal creature is to your North. As soon as you step up next to the creature your words cut off as though you're under a silence spell. I'll say you were speaking as you stepped and you got some of your words off.

Lerissa's up (updated map coming soon).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=question?]
Does channel energy require that you be able to speak? [/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 20/20     AC: 14  AC(T): 11AC(FF): 13  Init: -1

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special 
Fort:             4     2     +2          
Ref:              1     2     -1          
Will:             5     2     +3            

BAB: +1       CMB:+3     CMD: 12

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Trident                 +3        2d6+2          20/x2     Rng. 10', Brace
Dagger                  +3        1d6+3       19-20/x2     Rng. 10'
Net                     +0        ---              ---     Max Rng. 10', Touch Attack,Entangles
Short bow               +0        1d6            20/x3     Rng. 60' 

Spells Available:* 
0 Level          * 1st Level      
* Guidance          * Shield of Faith      
* Mending           * Cause Fear      
* Read Magic        * Obscuring Mist (D)

Special abilities:
Channel Energy(positive) 1d6  3/3
Wooden Fist  6/6
Icicle 6/6
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Good question! I can't seem to find anything one way or another about it, either under the description of Channel Energy or under that of Supernatural Abilities.

I'm gonna say that you can channel energy without being able to speak, as all the description says is that you must be able to present your holy symbol. If anyone runs across an official ruling to the contrary we can change it at that point.[/sblock]

Remove ads