• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
"We know little at this point," says Abraxis, finishing up donning the last of his gear. His golden eyes hover on Auron as he speaks. "Perhaps we were rescued from the shipwreck, or the water? But we were poisoned first, which in my mind is the more important incident. We should find out why." The aasimar turns to Leaf, and gestures out to the ship with his glaive. "The tide looks to be about as low as it is going to get. We should head out to the Jenivere now."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaving his boots on the beach, Leaf nods to Abraxis's words.

"Right then," he says turning to Lerissa. "I'll take the point."

"Please watch my back."
he whispers to the teifling and hoisting his trident in one hand starts towards the water barefooted.

"The rest of you stay here and be on your guard," he says to the confused passengers.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 20/20     AC: 14  AC(T): 11  AC(FF): 13  Init: -1

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:             4     2     +2          
Ref:              1     2     -1          
Will:             5     2     +3          

BAB: +1       CMB:+3     CMD: 12

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Trident                 +3        2d6+2          20/x2     Rng. 10', Brace
Dagger                  +3        1d6+3       19-20/x2     Rng. 10'
Net                     +0        ---              ---     Max Rng. 10', 
                                                         Touch Attack Entangles
Short bow               +0        1d6            20/x3     Rng. 60'   

Spells Available:
* 0 Level                * 1st Level
      * Guidance            * Sanctuary
      * Mending             * Detect Evil
      * Purify Food&Water   * Obscuring Mist (D)

Abilities:
Channel Energy (1d6): 3/3
Wooden Fist (1d6 +3): 6/6
Surge (CMB +4): 6/6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis follows Leif, glaive at the ready. There might be more of those crab-like creatures about, and this time he was determined to be ready for them.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Leaving his boots on the beach, Leaf nods to Abraxis's words.

"Right then," he says turning to Lerissa. "I'll take the point."

"Please watch my back."
he whispers to the teifling and hoisting his trident in one hand starts towards the water barefooted.

"The rest of you stay here and be on your guard," he says to the confused passengers.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 20/20     AC: 14  AC(T): 11  AC(FF): 13  Init: -1

Fort:             4     2     +2          
Ref:              1     2     -1          
Will:             5     2     +3          

BAB: +1       CMB:+3     CMD: 12

Trident                 +3        2d6+2          20/x2     Rng. 10', Brace
Dagger                  +3        1d6+3       19-20/x2     Rng. 10'
Net                     +0        ---              ---     Max Rng. 10', 
                                                         Touch Attack Entangles
Short bow               +0        1d6            20/x3     Rng. 60'   

Spells Available:
* 0 Level                * 1st Level
      * Guidance            * Sanctuary
      * Mending             * Detect Evil
      * Purify Food&Water   * Obscuring Mist (D)

Abilities:
Channel Energy (1d6): 3/3
Wooden Fist (1d6 +3): 6/6
Surge (CMB +4): 6/6
[/sblock]

Undecided on how to take being told what to do Lerissa is unsure whether to revolt or just let it go. She approaches Ishirou and asks if he would mind watching over those staying here on the beach. Then, deciding the big man had no ill intent she will fall in but before going she remarks, "I wouldn't mind having the healer come with us." she says gesturing toward Jask. "Who knows if there are others on the ship that were not washed or brought ashore."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 12/17     AC: 16  AC(T): 12  AC(FF): 14  Init: +02

Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Scimitar                +3        1d6+1       18-20/x2     +1 (weapon focus)
Secondary               +0        0d0         00-00/x0     
Missile                 +0        0d0         00-00/x0     

Judgments: 0/1 per Day

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Purify Food            * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And are my skills so inept, little-sister?" Leaf asks a mock look of chagrin on his face.

"Better if there is trouble that one healer stay out of it." he says watching where he puts each foot as he starts across.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The rocks are navigable, but slippery (everyone can Take 10 and make it). Ishirou looks somewhat dazed but replies to Lerissa's inquiry: "I'll try." It's plain to see that none of the passengers other than the Pathfinders are reacting as well to their situation, and would likely be more of a hindrance than a help on the mission to the wreck.

renau1g

First Post
"Before you go risking yourself on the rocks big guy, maybe I can call on a friend to help out? Oh, by the by, name's Auron." the human says, then closes his eyes mumbling something incomprehensible. His form convulses as if in seizure and a foul wind howls through the area, a flash of near blinding white light and suddenly, a bipedal ...thing stands in front of the barbarian.

Auron bows to the hawk-man, it's beady eyes scan the area, it's clawed "hands" open and close, but it's wings appear unable to open completely and are non-functioning. "Why have you called me Auron? Where are the Shoanti?" it asks, seeming confused at the location.

"Great spirit, these are dark times, I was sent on a spirit quest and our boat ran into trouble. We (gestures to the survivors) are stuck here and could use your aid, once I am back with the tribe I will make the necessary offerings. Please don't turn your back on us" Auron asks.

The spirit considers for a moment, then nods, "Direct me as you need Auron." it says.

Auron turns back to the others, Gennisheyo can go check out the ship if we need." the barbarian declares.

[sblock=Eidolon]
kingdom_hawkman.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
The eidolan has a climb speed, and a +12 modifier on the skill, it should be easy (and less risky) if it goes [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis raises an eyebrow at the hawkman's appearance. "It might do well to have your friend ensure no hidden dangers lurk within the ship, but will he recognize any subtle clues that might tell us what happened here?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaf frowns when Auron introduces himself, it's not like he wanted to know the mans name after all. He watches in slight wonderment at the summoning of the hawk being.

Shaking his head he mumbles something about being slaves to humans and then says out loud. "We all go it might be dangerous and everyone here has useful skills also."

Speaking to the eidolon he says, "My name is Leaf, come we will go first and see what has happened here."

[sblock=OOC] This is great I can be friends with the eidolon adding a great twist to this relationship. :D I is so happy. LOL [/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"And are my skills so inept, little-sister?" Leaf asks a mock look of chagrin on his face.

"Better if there is trouble that one healer stay out of it." he says watching where he puts each foot as he starts across.

Lerissa ignores Leaf's comment, it's her opinion that the healer should go with them and his that he should stay. Since none of the other pathfinders chimed in, she will let the matter drop eager to take a look at the ship.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads