• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Leaf frowns when Auron introduces himself, it's not like he wanted to know the mans name after all. He watches in slight wonderment at the summoning of the hawk being.

Shaking his head he mumbles something about being slaves to humans and then says out loud. "We all go it might be dangerous and everyone here has useful skills also."

Speaking to the eidolon he says, "My name is Leaf, come we will go first and see what has happened here."

[sblock=OOC] This is great I can be friends with the eidolon adding a great twist to this relationship. :D I is so happy. LOL [/sblock]

Lerissa can hold her tongue no longer!

"We are a team and as such we all have an equal say. None of us has appointed you as a leader so quit acting as if we need to be led!"

With this, Lerissa will look to the ship and begin navigating the rocky path.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The rocks are treacherous and slippery, and the pounding surf poses quite a distraction for you as you make the difficult trek out to the wreck. Several times you are in peril of falling into the surf, but in each instance one of your comrades manages to catch or stabilize you, preventing a potentially disastrous fall.

The Jenivere, once a fine ship, is now missing much of her bow. As you approach you note that she is also missing much of her lower deck. All that survives are about half of the upper and mid decks, including the Captain's cabin, the larder, a supply room (partly collapsed), the brig and the galley.

You also make note that someone's been using the lifeboat; part of its bow is still attached to a protruding timber by a thick rope, but the rest was plainly caught between the ship and the cliffs and crushed by the surf.

There's a terrible racket coming from the mid-deck; something's clawing and scratching at the wood there, though you'll actually have to enter the deck to see what's causing the commotion.

[sblock=OOC (All)]Due to the motion of the ship in the pounding waves and the awkward angle of the decks, any area on the wreck counts as difficult terrain for purposes of movement, and all attack rolls take a -2 penalty.

It's a very small area, and I honestly couldn't figure out a way to map it that makes sense so we're going to do the single combat here - once you find it - without a map and just assume that everyone can get into the fray. Hope that's OK with y'all!

My understanding is that the entire party of Pathfinders (plus Auron's Eidolon) are making the trip out; all of the NPCs are in too sad a shape to do you any good - they'd be more hindrance than help actually.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
With a shocked look on his face Leaf watches Lerissa walk up the path.

"But I didn't..."
he starts to say but stops since the teifling is getting farther ahead.

The ship truly is in quite a state and Leaf wonders at what is making the noise. He is about to make another suggestion when he sees Lerissa's determined look as if she to is wondering about the noise.

Leaf remains silent and readies his trident.

[sblock=OOC] I like Lerissa's take on Leaf's actions wish to play this out as we adventure also. This is going to be a great game. :D

Actions:
Standard-Ready action to attack any enemy that comes in range.
Move- Move aborad ship, somewhere. ;) [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis claps Leaf on the back as he stammers, and watches Lerissa lead the way out to the ship. "Pay her no heed, friend. Our situation has left her in a foul mood." With that, he gestures for the Goliath to lead the way, and then follows after.

------------

Abraxis is thankful for the years of combat training and his natural agility as he crosses the rocks out to the wreck of the Jenivere. Without it, the assimar is most certain he would have ended up in the ocean.

Reaching the ship, he appraises the situation with golden eyes as he listens to the clawing and rending sounds. "Well, something is certainly in there. What say we go find some answers?" He nods to his companions to lead the way, as his glaive is most effective from the second rank.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

perception (1d20+6=19)

Lerissa overhears Abraxis' comment to Leaf but pretends to ignore it.

OOC - Did we not hear anything from this area during on time on board? Seems hard to believe we missed this.

To the others, "Don't know about you guys but I'm none to eager to get into a fight if this beast is unfriendly. I think I'd like to step back a ways and break the ship to release whatever it is."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]The Jenivere isn't that big and you were on board for weeks - if there were something aboard as big as this thing sounds you'd have known about it. And if she breaks any more, the entire ship's gonna be splintered into the surf and anything of use or value aboard will likely be beyond recovery.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"It could be someone who got trapped, but just in case it' s not, we should be ready." Leaf says hefting his trident and proceeding inside.

[sblock=OOC] Same actions.

Standard: ready vs. being attacked
Move: move towards the sound[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, let's see what's making all that noise" Auron declares, hefting his huge hammer with ease.

[sblock=ooc]
I figure the eidolon and Auron will work together, but it's going to be tough with 4 melee people, especially on a small ship. Ah well...[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads