• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The deck rocks back and forth, then stops jarringly as it slams into the rocks before starting its rocking motion again. The decks are slick with water and canted at awkward angles as you duck under the main deck to the mid-deck to investigate the racket.

You just have time to glimpse the single sea scorpion on the mid-deck clawing and prying at a jammed door before the creature feels your presence and whirls to face you. Where the eurypterids that attacked you on the beach so recently were the size of large dogs, this one is the size of a large man - almost Leaf's size, in fact. It clacks its pincers menacingly as it advances to attack.

Initiative (Lerissa (1d20+2=20), Abraxis (1d20+2=15), Auron (1d20+4=13)*, Eurypterid (1d20+4=12), Leaf (1d20-1=7))

*Gennisheyo will go on Auron's initiative

GM: Lerissa's Up!

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP      Condition[/u]
Lerissa            16/12/14    06      None
Abraxis            12/12/10    02      None
Auron              16/13/13    04      -2 DEX
Eurypterid         14/10/14    00      None
Leaf               14/11/13    00      None

*-2 to attack rolls due to the motion of the ship
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

OOC - Is there any part of the deck that is higher than another? Maybe a portion that this critter would not be able to climb up on? Or maybe the rear of the ship is elevated?

If not, that's fine. Was just thinking of something it that is the case.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The deck is canted (though the angle changes with each surge of the surf), but the Eurypterid is making its way easily - its six legs are clawed and grip the deck well.

OOC: Nice thought, though!

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

As Lerissa tries to steady her attack the ship begins to roll the other way and causes her swing to go wide.

attack roll (1d20+3=9)

OOC - Mike,

I don't think you have Lerissa's AC right in your combat block. I think Obsidian portal is correct though. I also have her down 5 HP (See OP), but I could have missed one here or there.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 12/17     AC: 16  AC(T): 12  AC(FF): 14  Init: +02

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Scimitar                +3        1d6+1       18-20/x2     +1 (weapon focus)
Secondary               +0        0d0         00-00/x0     
Missile                 +0        0d0         00-00/x0     

Judgments: 0/1 per Day

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Purify Food            * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis strikes at the creature from the second rank, slashing at one of the beast's many limbs.

Glaive vrs Eurypterid: +3 Attack, 1d10+2 damage, 10' reach

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 16/18     AC: 16  AC(T): 16  AC(FF): 16 ([i]Mage Armor[/i]) Init: +02

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1         
Ref:             03     0     +2    +1   
Will:            03     2     +1         

BAB: 01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Glaive                   +3       1d10+2         20/x3     
Gauntlet, spiked         +2       1d04+1         20/x2     
Warhammer                +2       1d08+1(2)      20/x3     
Heavenly Fire            +3 [RT]  1d04+1         20/x3     Ranged Touch, 30' range, 3/4 daily

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level (At will, DC12)
    * 1st Level (2/4 Daily, DC13)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]
OOC - Mike,

I don't think you have Lerissa's AC right in your combat block. I think Obsidian portal is correct though. I also have her down 5 HP (See OP), but I could have missed one here or there.

You are correct on the AC - I just used what I had from the beach fight, but that had been adjusted down for the circumstances there. It's fixed now. I think my HP are correct as I also used that stat block - I didn't miss some healing as well, did I? :blush:[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

You are correct on the AC - I just used what I had from the beach fight, but that had been adjusted down for the circumstances there. It's fixed now. I think my HP are correct as I also used that stat block - I didn't miss some healing as well, did I? :blush:[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC Mike]
No healing took place... though she does have accelerated healing but i assume this is like the regular overnight healing just get two points back rather than 1. Is that correct?[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC Mike]
No healing took place... though she does have accelerated healing but i assume this is like the regular overnight healing just get two points back rather than 1. Is that correct?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC MikeL]That's correct - she'll heal twice her level in HP with 8 hours sleep. For a full 24 hours of complete bed rest she'll heal 4 times her level.[/sblock]

Remove ads