PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
"Smashing the desk may ruin the contents of the locked drawer," notes Abraxis. "Do you perhaps have the ability to pick the lock instead?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I wish Mustapha were here," Leaf says eyeing Auron with a sidelong glance. "He would possible have something that could burn away the lock or the cover to the drawer."

He looks out at the rising tide. "Best we decide to either risk it or leave it, we haven't much time."

[sblock=OOC] That is assuming we took a little time to search and figuring in a 20' speed. ;) [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Lerissa's apparently feeling somewhat audacious today. She deftly slips the oversized dagger from its sheath at Leaf's hip and goes to work on the lock; alas, her efforts fall somewhat short and the stubborn contraption doesn't yield to her efforts.

[sblock=Lock]Disable DC 25, Break DC 23. It's entirely possible you could break the lock without damaging the drawer or it's contents. Trying to smash through the drawer will possibly damage whatever is inside - depending on what it is and how fragile.[/sblock]

[sblock=MikeL]Took a liberty with Lerissa - hope you don't mind. She doesn't really have anything in her equipment list with which to try and pick the lock.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa's apparently feeling somewhat audacious today. She deftly slips the oversized dagger from its sheath at Leaf's hip and goes to work on the lock; alas, her efforts fall somewhat short and the stubborn contraption doesn't yield to her efforts.

[sblock=Lock]Disable DC 25, Break DC 23. It's entirely possible you could break the lock without damaging the drawer or it's contents. Trying to smash through the drawer will possibly damage whatever is inside - depending on what it is and how fragile.[/sblock]

[sblock=MikeL]Took a liberty with Lerissa - hope you don't mind. She doesn't really have anything in her equipment list with which to try and pick the lock.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Of course I don't mind. Nice humor in this case.[/sblock]

As Lerissa works at the lock, she has a difficult time hiding her frustration and those close to her swear they hear her say something to the effect "Freaking lock...humans are so much easier to manipulate."

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis frowns, and turns to the goliath. "Well Leaf, I guess we try your mighty fist to break the door open."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yes I could try breaking it open," Leaf says drawing his short sword sized dagger. Taking the blade he works it around the front of the drawer. He tries various areas to get the blade wedged in. Once he finds a good purchase for the thick cold steel he pulls hard and then moves the blade to a new spot to pull again.

After a minute... OOC: I have no idea, lol

[sblock=OOC] So roll ten damage rolls for breaking the face of the drawer off?
DMG = 1d6+3 Leaf just looks big and strong at 7'-2" really he is not overly strong. (STR 14)[/sblock]

Leaf

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Lerissa stands aside and hands Leaf his dagger back (OOC: See previous post by me - Lerissa took the dagger from him for use picking the lock). The big man goes to work on the drawer . . . after about 10 minutes of prying and pulling he's able to pop the front off of the drawer and expose the contents:

• A bottle of fine Brandy
  • A "Ship in a Bottle" model of the Jenivere
  • A long leather satchel containing 12 potion bottles (all full)
  • A leather pouch containing 350 GP

Another quick look around the room reveals a sturdy footlocker, inside which is a suit of leather armor, a masterwork dagger, two potion bottles, a holy symbol of Nethys and a spell component pouch. (OOC: This is Jask Derindi's confiscated gear - I forgot to put in that he asked you to be on the lookout for it).

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa stands aside and hands Leaf his dagger back OOC: See previous post by me - Lerissa took the dagger from him for use picking the lock). The big man goes to work on the drawer . . . after about 10 minutes of prying and pulling he's able to pop the front off of the drawer and expose the contents:

• A bottle of fine Brandy
  • A "Ship in a Bottle" model of the Jenivere
  • A long leather satchel containing 12 potion bottles (all full)

Another quick look around the room reveals a sturdy footlocker, inside which is a suit of leather armor, a masterwork dagger, two potion bottles, a holy symbol of Nethys and a spell component pouch. (OOC: This is Jask Derindi's confiscated gear - I forgot to put in that he asked you to be on the lookout for it).

Lerissa's eyes get big when she she sees all the stuff.

OOC - Im sure we have more places to explore here but I'd hate to have to come back.

IC - "What do you guys think? Wanna gather it up now so we don't have to come back here?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
By the time you've made your way to this area, worked on the drawer and gone through the footlocker, the tide's come in to the point that delaying any longer will make for a very interesting trip back to shore . . .

[sblock=OOC]Added an additional item to the list of swag from the desk, as well - missed it when I was transferring from the module to the post.[/sblock]

Remove ads