PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jask looks longingly at the keys dangled before him, his middle-aged face taking on an expression of hope. "What information would you like? I am a priest of Nethys, once employed by the government of Sargava. I uncovered evidence of corruption, but before I could bring it to light I was framed for those same crimes. I am accused of nothing resembling the eating of human flesh."

[sblock=Abraxis]Jask is not evil, nor are any of the other passengers cast ashore with you.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What of goliath?" Leaf asks solemnly. He should have thought this through more, but his willingness to help over-rode is caution once more.

{{Like it did the day Hek-ath died.}}

Shaking off the thought before it can reform and play before his eyes once more he asks Lerissa, "What would we do with him, should no one believe him?"

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A slight smile touches the man's lips, the first sign Leaf has seen that he may be shaking off his shock. "Nor Goliath . . . though there's enough meat on you to feed an entire host." His tone remains mostly flat, but there is just enough inflection to convey the feeble attempt at humor.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"What of goliath?" Leaf asks solemnly. He should have thought this through more, but his willingness to help over-rode is caution once more.

{{Like it did the day Hek-ath died.}}

Shaking off the thought before it can reform and play before his eyes once more he asks Lerissa, "What would we do with him, should no one believe him?"

To Leaf's question, "I do do believe him and would have released him if it were up to me only but there are others here whom this decision affects. My feeling is we are going to need everyone's talents here to make it back and he will need to be freed to utilize those talents."

To Jask, "Do you have any questions of us? We still need to sort through all the materials we brought back to have a hint as to what happened but from first glance it seems the captain betrayed us all." Looking to the group, "Does anyone have any information relating to the captain that might be helpful?"

When Jask responds Lerissa will try and determine motive.

sense motive check (1d20+8=13)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The other castaways look somewhat puzzled at Lerissa's question, but finally begin pulling themselves from their shock enough to shake their heads in denial of having any such knowledge. Aerys and Sasha look somewhat angry, though reasons for anger abound here so no conclusions about them can really be drawn from this.

[sblock=OOC]I need a Diplomacy Check for Lerissa, w/ an Aid Another (Diplomacy) check from Leaf, please.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Diplomacy Check (1d20+2=12) for Lerissa, including Leaf's Aid Another.

[sblock=OOC (All)]Metagame alert! This is going to be a little difficult for me to carry off without you knowing a little bit about how it's supposed to work. Since I know I can trust you to play your characters this becomes easy to fix - I'll just tell you what's up!

The other castaways are a varied collection of individuals, not a finely honed team of Pathfinders like yourselves. They'll fall quickly into bickering amongst themselves if left to their own devices. They can be helpful to you in the day to day struggle for survival - each of them can function in a couple of ways (hunting for food, entertaining to keep morale up, keeping things sanitary to help ward off the various diseases you'll be prone to catch, etc.) to smooth the path. But they'll take some wooing. They each start off with an attitude of 'Unfriendly,' meaning they won't really do much to help. The further you shift their attitude the more helpful they'll be. Their attitude can also be lowered one place (to Hostile), usually meaning that they'll run off on their own at the least.

Those of you familiar with this portion of the rules will recall that the most you can shift an NPCs attitude via diplomacy/intimidation is 2 places (making these NPCs first Indifferent, then Friendly). Each of them has a little something connected with the story that - if you can figure out what it is and accomplish it - will move them that extra step to max out their attitude at Helpful.

Lesson ends. :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa moves to the bound man and begins to remove his shackles. Quietly so that only he may hear, she says, "You have done nothing to me or any of us here so I see no need to have you further restrained. I also understand you have many talents that might be helpful here to us so I hope you decide to take a leadership role with the others. They definitely need some and we could certainly use the help."

As she finishes her whisper, the last lock is removed and he is now a free man.

Rhun

First Post
Content that the man is not evil, and thinking that anyone bound by shackles is more a liability to the group than a threat, Abraxis remains quiet as his companion unlocks the man's shackles.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A tiny tear wells at the corner of Jask's eye as he feels the shackles fall from his wrists. He takes a moment to gather himself before speaking. "I thank you, my friend. My skills are meager enough, but I am a fair hunter for small game, or I could tend to the general health of the group."

Remove ads