PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
"Well, I suppose we had best prepare for the trip ahead, eh?" says Abraxis, finishing his own drink some minutes after Lerissa's departure.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Having just enough money to buy all the doses, she hands over 250 measures.

"Thank you very much."

She heads back to the inn for a last night's sleep in a bed that doesn't move to and fro.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I think I'm ready, though Abraxis may want to buy something. It will probably be Sunday night or Monday before I have a chance to decide.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Feast on the Beach

[sblock=Abraxis]Spinning, spinning, the world is spinning. What’s that rushing noise? Whooshing closer, whooshing away in time with the spinning. You open your eyes to crystalline blue and fluffy white, spinning. Clickety-clack . . . clickety-clack . . . gradually the sound intrudes on your consciousness through the whooshing sound and you struggle to full awareness . . . you struggle to a sitting position, vomit the saltwater from your lungs and as your vision resolves and the world rights itself you finally identify the source of that most disturbing sound.

You jerk your foot away as some sort of cross between giant scorpion and crab is about to latch on with a claw the size of a dinner plate. You scramble away and to your feet . . . looking around desperately you see a pile of gear – armor and weapons included – about 10 feet away. Some distant part of your mind is aware of your friends and shipmates sprawled unconscious along the surf.

Need an initiative roll. If you beat a 17 go ahead and post an action.

Note that you are sickened, which imparts a -2 penalty to most rolls (not to initiative)[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Block]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   HP   Condition[/u]
Ochre Eurypterid   14/12/13   00   
Abraxis            12/12/10   00   Sickened*
Lerissa            12/12/10   00   Unconscious
Auron              14/14/10   00   Unconscious
Leaf               10/10/09   00   Unconscious

*-2 to all rolls
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Feast on the Beach.JPG
    Feast on the Beach.JPG
    806.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Feast on the Beach (Zoom).jpg
    Feast on the Beach (Zoom).jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
End of Round 01 (Abraxis) Start of Round 02 (Eurypterids or Lerissa)

Emboldened by Abraxis' lack of response to its gentle nip, the odd creature has apparently decided that a little snack is in order. It strikes quickly; the Iomedae's holy warrior is able to avoid one of the claws, but the other takes a small divot from his unarmored thigh and the thing plants it's stinger deep in his side.

[sblock=Abraxis][MENTION=29098]Rhun[/MENTION]
2 points of damage (1 Claw and 1 Stinger), Make a DC10 Fortitude save or lose 1 pt of DEX.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lerissa][MENTION=29548]mleibrock[/MENTION]
What's that sound? Waves on the beach? Am I back in Absalom? Sarenrae's mercy, would you be quiet already? God's above I'm trying to get some sleep and I don't feel so good . . . Holy crap, what's going on!?

Lerissa snaps awake to see the strangest sight. If the gods crossed a scorpion with a lobster and then made it big as a mastiff, it would look something like the thing scampering around on the beach. Right after she finishes a quick puke (Why do I feel so crappy?) she scrambles to her feet and squares off against the one coming toward her.

OOC: Roll initiative. If you beat a 17 go ahead and post your actions.

I'll put you in your proper place in the Combat Block once you've rolled.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Block]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   HP   Condition[/u]
Abraxis            12/12/10   02   Sickened*
Lerissa            12/12/10   00   Sickened*
Auron              14/14/10   00   Unconscious
Leaf               10/10/09   00   Unconscious

*-2 to all rolls
[/sblock]