• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Popular Campaign Settings

Which is your personal favorite campaign setting

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Eberon

Votes: 51 8.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 48 8.2%
  • Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Other TSR/WotC setting (explain below)

Votes: 43 7.4%
  • Other 3rd Party Setting (explain below)

Votes: 85 14.6%

drothgery

First Post
megamania said:
33 to 26 WoTC take note- DARKSUN is winning out over Eberron!

Until some necromancy a few days ago, this thread was over two years old. It was originally posted in June of 2004, when Eberron was just released, and had no posts between July of 2004 and this month. I suspect Eberron would be top-3 now.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
drothgery said:
Until some necromancy a few days ago, this thread was over two years old. It was originally posted in June of 2004, when Eberron was just released, and had no posts between July of 2004 and this month. I suspect Eberron would be top-3 now.

shall we give this another go, then? ;)

Squach

Explorer
Since justification was asked for...
I'm a Realms fan from way back when. Although my reasoning at the time was simply not knowing anything else. That time, however, has passed, I've now played almost every setting that's been published as official content and several 3rd party settings. When it's said and done I keep going back to Toril.

The reason, now that my exposure is greater, is that there is a real sense of culture, history, and just that there is more going on in the world that just what the PCs are doing. It adds a real sense of realism and complexity to a world which gives the DM and the players that much more to play off of and interact with.

Arkhandus

First Post
I voted for Dark Sun, but Planescape would be a very close 2nd for me, and Kara-Tur (the original Oriental Adventures setting) would be a very close 3rd.

Gilladian

Adventurer
If I were given a chance to say "THIS is the setting I'd like to play in", I would choose either Nyambe or "that north american one with the witches" whose name I can't remember!

Both are different enough from a standard campaign world to really pique my curiosity, but seem as if they'd be too much work to try to run myself...

Remove ads