• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Popular Campaign Settings

Which is your personal favorite campaign setting

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Eberon

Votes: 51 8.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 48 8.2%
  • Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Other TSR/WotC setting (explain below)

Votes: 43 7.4%
  • Other 3rd Party Setting (explain below)

Votes: 85 14.6%

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Hawkshere said:
Thread necromancy on polls like this just suck, in my opinion. Whatever value this poll once may have had is now completely compromised. :\
So true. I'm not even sure what I was thinking of when I made my vote back then, but I think I remember.

I have a top three, that continually flip flop between them depenidng on my mood.

Mystara
Dark Sun
Greyhawk

That's the probably order right now, give me 6 months I be the order changes again. I find a lot to like in Al-Qadim, Birthright, and Spelljammer. I once liked gray box FR and liked it less and less every year after the very first FR hard cover, yet I still love Ruins of Undermountain and FR2 Waterdeep. My enjoyment of Eberron just seems to barely get above ambivalence... It has so many of the ingredients right there that I want, yetI keep waiting for something to knock my socks off yet nothing. I'm pretty sure what I need for Eberron to jump up to make a top 4 for me would be for many many adventures to be published for it. Planescape presents a view of the planes that I don't want, and Ravenloft... well I liked some of the stuff with Azalin but the rest of it I'm ambivalent about. For me Dragonlance is stopped with the original trilogy. ;)

Remove ads