• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possible Epic .....

Wrahn

First Post
All the cost associated with Epic spell casting are based on the DC of the spell being created, if the DC is reduced to zero then all the cost (time, money, and experience) are zero as well. A DM should be VERY cautious about allowing this.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
My finals are almost over and my boss is fairly lenient so I'll have some time on my hands hence:

You might be able to convince me to run high level if no one else cares to.

It won't be any higher than level 25 or lower than 15, and the setting will be my campaign world. I'll try to figure out something to get many players involved.

Ferrix

Explorer
Lord_Raven88 said:
Regarding Epic Spellcasting, it seems a waste to me to have an Epic spellcaster who is still stuck with the number of spells he can cast as when he was 20th level, I don't see why Epic spells can't be used, as long as the player can't create any custom spells before the game, that way if he wants to create a nifty new spells make him go thru the actual process of it.

That's why you have the ability to expand your casting progression with improved spell capacity. Epic is where metamagic can really shine.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Ferrix said:
That's why you have the ability to expand your casting progression with improved spell capacity. Epic is where metamagic can really shine.
I agree Improved Spell Capacity is very cool, but it seems that most peoples objections to Epic Spells, is to cheesy custom Epic Spells, it seems that if Epic Spells were limited to what is already there in the books, then there would be no issues with balance. :cool:

Ferrix

Explorer
Lord_Raven88 said:
I agree Improved Spell Capacity is very cool, but it seems that most peoples objections to Epic Spells, is to cheesy custom Epic Spells, it seems that if Epic Spells were limited to what is already there in the books, then there would be no issues with balance. :cool:

I guess that's true, but the ability to customize was the cool thing about the epic spell system, it's just it's so flexible that it can be easily abused.

blackmagi said:
Consider me felt! :heh:

I'd be interested in playing. Perhaps in co-DMing, drop me a line....

Not sure if the co-DMming reference was for me, but unfortunately I wouldn't even be able to begin thinking about it until probably January - in a week I'm going on vacation sans internet access.

Remove ads