• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

post-apocalyptic games

tecnodemon

First Post
Hey I need some help here. I am thinking of running a post-apocalyptic game soon but trying figure which game to run. Does anyone know any good post-apocalyptic games out there, be it D20 or other systems? Thanks...

BigBastard

First Post
Go with Aftermath. It has everything that you would need to create a post apacolyptic world. But ditch the rules if your not good with math. The game master's book bas a selection of different scenarios for how the soceity could collapse and heck of a lot of material for the gm to use.:D

Gothmog

First Post
I'd go with Hell on Earth by Pinnacle. I prefer the non-d20 version, but to each his own. And yes, there are extensive rules for cybernetics and cyborgs in HoE. Not to mention it is the best supported of any post-apocalyptic line, and has goodness like psykers (psionics), harrowed (undead PCs), hungry dead, demons, and mutations. There is even homage paid to the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness movies!!! Depending on how you play it, it is either schlocky camp, or can be a genuinely unnerving horror and survival game.

Maerdwyn

First Post
I stumbled on a d20 Fallout conversion a while back but can't find it now.

Edit: this isn't a d20 conversion of Fallout, but it certainly looks interesting:
http://www.iamapsycho.com/fallout/downloads.htm

Ian

PS:
Oathbound's Prestige Race concept (ie. spend xp in order to "evolve" your race by growing claws, armored skin, fiery wings, etc.) works well as the basis for a mutation system.

(hardly a reason by itself to buy a $45 book, but the other reasons are really, really good too.)

Last edited:

MEG Hal

First Post
I would wait till 12/03 for our hardback Fall of Man to come out, it will be a really dark, gritty post apocolyptic-fantasy RPG

Shindorim

First Post
Since it hasn't been suggested yet, Tweet's Omega World from Dungeon (well, Polyhedral I guess) #92 is actually really cool. I have no idea whether or not this is hard to come by, but for what its worth, get it if you can.

Also worth mentioning is the upcoming (this summer maybe?) re-issue of Gamma World by the Swords & Sorcery people using the d20 Modern rules. Not much good if you need it RIGHT now, but anyway...

OctaNe ring any bells?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads