Post-game to collaboratively design a new monster: Morrusant

runtime

First Post
If this vermin is small, stable, and slow, let's make him the heaviest weight in the typical Small creature weight range (8 lb. - 60 lb.):

Weight: 60 lb.

Eloi

First Post
Skill points: (2 + Int bonus) x HD = 2 x HD.

So, for starters, 6 skill points.
This is a very trainable creature. Smart enough to learn and understand even an intricate command, and just unwise enough to allow itself to be swayed by loyalty more than fear of danger.

Last edited:

Eloi

First Post
I'm having a problem calling something a "Lychanthrope" when, frankly, it isn't even vaguely Lycanthropic.

I propose an alternate name, the "Morrus Ant".

This is fully in keeping with its climbing ability and stinger-packing might, for the Ant part, and the tremendous stability and quite amazing survivability that reflects the board our Patron, Morrus, provides us.

(Thank you Morrus!)

(edited to give thanks)

Last edited:

runtime

First Post
Sorry, Macbrea, but I think Eloi has a good point about the Lychanthrope. But how about we simplify the name even further from "Morrus Ant" to "morrusant", a unique one-word name? :) Plus, morrusant is a brand new word! Google reports 0 hits for "morrusant", so soon this very forum may be the #1 hit (only hit?) for "morrusant". :)

JimAde

First Post
Only if we say morrusant a few more times.

Morrusant morrusant morrusant!

Oh, and to actually contribute something: The Morussant's alignment is Usually Chaotic Good.

catdragon

Explorer
Magical beasts have Good Fortitude and Reflex saves. So with 3 HD, that would be Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +1. Added to the stats and we have:

Fort +3+1 = +4
Ref +3+3 = +6
Will +1-1 = +0

Easy to charm is suspect.

Remove ads