• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Post here if you ARE going to 4E!

Gundark

Explorer
yes.

While I'm more in the cautious camp, I'll still buy and play....and as long as it's better than 3e I'll keep playing

Wolfspider

Explorer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
It's definately in embryo. I'd be happy to bounce ideas between anyone interested at vyvbasterd <at> hotmail <dot> com

Awesome idea! I love the Earthdawn setting. Although I think the original rules system is pretty nifty, I wouldn't mind adapting it to another, perhaps quicker, rules engine.

:D

BBQ

First Post
I'm in for 4e. My setting is already pretty much prepared for it (I implemented a lot of similar fluff, at least, when building it).

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
After DMing 3.5 consistently for about two years, yes, I am very much looking forward to 4th Ed, especially from the DM angle.

3.5 is one of those systems that looks great on paper/in theory (internal consistency – monster follow the PC rules etc), but breaks apart in practice in my experience, especially at the higher levels.

I'm still having a blast running my current 3.5 (well, 3.75) Planescape campaign, but like most things I see need for improvement.

I'm very excited about the removal of the full attack action and more movement in combat etc. That is one thing that often bothers me about the current system for melee types, is that they often get into a position to full attack and then stand there monotonously hacking away until either they or the enemy drops – boring.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Most certainly.

Sold off a lot of 3E ages ago.

I completely trust the people assigned to write 4E (and I bet the 3E writers approve too).

Looking forward to being able to DM again...not just be entertainer and rules lawyer. I loved 3E, but over the years grew weary of the many things that bogged it down. Choices for player and DMs are good.

i am so looking forward to it and most likely will begin by converting the first Pathfinder series by Paizo.

:) C

Sir Brennen

Legend
I'm planning on switching

But I really don't understand the need for this thread, or the not switching or middle thread. Haven't we already had several threads on these topics and, maybe even a little (only a little) better and meaningful, polls on the subject? It almost feels like the "Who Agrees with me?" thread, which at least was meant to be funny.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads