Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester feats (sorta)

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
Could we just leave that psionics come from within? It´d lost a lot of it´s charm to me if it comes from gods, towers or crystals.
Of note, the gods should be able to augment psionic power, just like magic power (as they can manipulate arcane and divine magic to some extent, divine more so obviously), but the feat is about tapping extra sources, and the flavor allows for you to learn techniques to increase the power as well, by meditation learned or performed at particular sites, etc...

Velmont

First Post
That bring me a question... I don't think there should be a problem, but what would happen to PrC that have there own spell progression. You can use this feat on Assassin or Warmind, who has there own spell progression, even if you enter that PrC as soon as possible...

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
That's confusing because it means that someone could try to take wizard and Elderich Knight and say it stacks since they chose a new class. Also, someone should be able to take it for Mystic theurgue twice, once for each casting class.
Eldritch Knight isn't a spellcasting class. It just augments a single spellcasting class. Same goes for Mystic Theurge - it isn't a spellcasting class itself. If a Mystic Theurge takes the feat, he'll have to choose Wizard or Cleric (or whatever his class combination), and the other when he takes it again. Assassins or Blackguards, on the other hand, are spellcasting classes, and do benefit from taking the feat.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Eldritch Knight isn't a spellcasting class. It just augments a single spellcasting class. Same goes for Mystic Theurge - it isn't a spellcasting class itself. If a Mystic Theurge takes the feat, he'll have to choose Wizard or Cleric (or whatever his class combination), and the other when he takes it again. Assassins or Blackguards, on the other hand, are spellcasting classes, and do benefit from taking the feat.
However, since their caster level is going to suck anyway, it isn't a big deal, I think. This raises the possibility from 10 to 14 at absolute maximum.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
However, since their caster level is going to suck anyway, it isn't a big deal, I think. This raises the possibility from 10 to 14 at absolute maximum.
Agreed. A PrC with it's own casting rarely is a powerful spell caster, because they can only get 10 levels of casting for the most part. Allowing a 9th level character to cast 1st level assassin spells at 8th level instead of 4th isn't going to break anything, particularly because the feat could probably be used better as something else.

Remove ads