Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester feats (sorta)

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
Re: Someone's cooncern. It could be that the Towers provide inspiration for the feat, but don't actually provide the psionic power. A study of how they interact with mystic energies may simply allow better control of mystic energy, regardless of source.

I´m ok with that, since it´s how it works in the rules (deep crystal weapons and such)

Erekose13

Explorer
I'd vote yes to both feats if they were seperate. I think its only flavor that I'm stuck on. With that sorted out, they're good.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
I'd vote yes to both feats if they were seperate. I think its only flavor that I'm stuck on. With that sorted out, they're good.

I would also vote YES to that modification. Anyone else?

Edit: Though perhaps someone should restate what is currently proposed, as I am unclear that we aren't allready talking about two seperate feats.

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Just my two cents.

For what it is worth, I would like to add a thought to the discussion.

It seems the feats as proposed would limit the increased caster or manifester levels to such spell variables as duration and damage. I believe the primary motivation for this limitation is to make sure the psion or other manifestors do not receive bonus power points from the feat.

If this is the concern, then I would propose that the feat explicitly disallows bonus power points, but allows the character to have the higher caster or manifester levels for other purposes.

I am thinking specificly of the prequisites for item creation feats. Often the caster level requirements for the item creation feats are higher than are required for the creation of specific items. The result is that, especially in a lower level campaign like LEW, a multiclass caster or manifester is unlikely to be able to take these feats.

As a side note, The table and the text of the SRD disagree. The table states that bonus power points is dependent on class level, while the text gives a formula for bonus power points that is dependent on manifester level. If we simply accept the table over the text, then perhaps we could do without any restrictions to the feats. Basicly the feats would read as the following:

Practiced Caster/Manifester

Prereq: Ability to cast 1st level spell / manifest 1st level powers.

Benefit: Choose one of your spellcasting/manifesting classes. Your caster/manifester level with that class is now +4. Your caster/manifester level may not exceed your hit dice. This increased caster level never result in addition spells/power points per day nor additional spells/powers known.

Special: This feat may be taken more than once. Its effects do not stack. Each time you select this feat apply its effects to a different spellcasting/manifesting class.

Velmont

First Post
Bront, could you please put in the first post what it is voted... there is so many version that it is hard to tells what is under proposal and what is it not.

Thanks

Bront

The man with the probe
I'll reread all of this and compile it. We had an approved version and are simply looking for flavor for it.

Patlin

Explorer
I'm slightly confused. The thread list shows the last post here to have been on "11-03-06 11:54 AM" yet the post above this one reads "09-16-06 08:06 AM" -- and both of those are straight from copy paste. I know I don't have anyone on an ignore list, and I can't think of anything else.

Are you still compiling, Bront? Or is there perhaps a compilation hiding in plain sight?

Velmont

First Post
I have seen more than once, and only for Proposal in LEW... I suppose there is a moderator that have a way to bump a thread without posting in it.

Remove ads