Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester feats (sorta)

Erekose13

Explorer
The towers are elemental in nature and not strictly connected to any form of magic. Yet they are the largest power nodes in Enworld, so all manner of beings can benefit from them. Or at least that is how I see them. Something more flavorful on psionics would definitely be cool though.

I like the latest incarnation of the feat. It requires 1 or 2 skill points depending on class and gives a solid benefit that is needed. Heck Tenebrynn might look at taking it to cover the two levels of fighter/eldritch knight he is losing out on.

Knight Otu

First Post
Back when we were worried about introducing psionics, or explaining the rise of psionics, I had vague, vague ideas of something called a crystal star. Obviously, nothing came out of it. :heh:

I chose the towers for the feat name because I distinctly remember that there should be legends (not necessarily truth) about the towers being the source of magic, and even if they are not, they are quite obviously powerful things.

Bront

The man with the probe
The towers work for me. Perhaps the magic comes from something else, but tying it to the towers, at least for the feat's name, works for me.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Back when we were worried about introducing psionics, or explaining the rise of psionics, I had vague, vague ideas of something called a crystal star. Obviously, nothing came out of it. :heh:

I chose the towers for the feat name because I distinctly remember that there should be legends (not necessarily truth) about the towers being the source of magic, and even if they are not, they are quite obviously powerful things.
Crystal Star, eh? My idea also involves crystals but was the opposite--what if the magical energies that suffuse ENWorld weren't just expended and gone when they were used? What if deep underground, crystals that are attuned to that leftover power have become suffused with the remaining power, creating a new energy different than magic and yet also affected by spells like normal magic because of the affinity between them? This could also explain why the dull grey ioun stones that are totally devoid of arcane power can be consumed for 1 PP.

Someone

Adventurer
Could we just leave that psionics come from within? It´d lost a lot of it´s charm to me if it comes from gods, towers or crystals.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
Could we just leave that psionics come from within? It´d lost a lot of it´s charm to me if it comes from gods, towers or crystals.
I just don't want it to come from the Towers. And this feat says that it does ;)

Erekose13

Explorer
The towers are good for the magic one, perhaps separating it out again and indicating a change of flavor would be appropriate. Though if we still want to tie it to something like the Crystal Star or the Towers, flavor wise such megalithic nodes of power could awaken latent powers within minds everywhere, or something like that.

Patlin

Explorer
Re: Someone's cooncern. It could be that the Towers provide inspiration for the feat, but don't actually provide the psionic power. A study of how they interact with mystic energies may simply allow better control of mystic energy, regardless of source.

Patlin

Explorer
This thread is looking a bit sleepy. Is this going to become an official proposal? Anyone else have flavor comments?

Remove ads