Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester feats (sorta)

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
I'm slightly confused. The thread list shows the last post here to have been on "11-03-06 11:54 AM" yet the post above this one reads "09-16-06 08:06 AM" -- and both of those are straight from copy paste. I know I don't have anyone on an ignore list, and I can't think of anything else.

Are you still compiling, Bront? Or is there perhaps a compilation hiding in plain sight?
Bront is currently being manned by an automated posting bot. When Bront is not busy, likely sometime in 2011, he will return and sort his personal affairs.

Postbot #372

(I'll try to get to it tonight. Things got pretty bad last month or so)

Bront

The man with the probe
LiquidBlue said:
I am thinking specificly of the prequisites for item creation feats. Often the caster level requirements for the item creation feats are higher than are required for the creation of specific items. The result is that, especially in a lower level campaign like LEW, a multiclass caster or manifester is unlikely to be able to take these feats.
There is no such requirement. That is the recomended/default level of the item/spell for purposes of dispell, spell stuff (Range, duration, etc), Spell Resistance, and the like.

LiquidBlue said:
As a side note, The table and the text of the SRD disagree. The table states that bonus power points is dependent on class level, while the text gives a formula for bonus power points that is dependent on manifester level.
PPs are to Manifester Level as Spells per day and Spells Known are to Caster Level. That should clear up any confusion.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, currently with one vote, we have the feat, in some form.

Let's see if I can make everyone happy...

Arcane Tap[General]
Through study, and hard work, you have learned how to draw energy from one of many mystical places in Enworld (The towers, a deity, any other place of mystical or religious significance, chosen when you take the feat) and empower your spells with power beyond normal training.
Prerequisites: KN: Geography 1, KN: Religion or Arcana 1, Ability to cast Spells
Benefit: Choose a spellcasting class you belong to. Your caster level for that class increases by 4, up to your total hit dice. This increased caster level applies to determining level-dependent spell variables such as damage dice or range, and caster level checks only. It does not grant extra spells or other class abilities. If your class uses more than one caster level, you choose which one is effected when you take the feat.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times, but the feats do not stack.

Power Tap[General]
Through study, and hard work, you have learned how to draw energy from one of many places of power in Enworld (The Crystal Star, a deity, any other place of psionic or religious significance, chosen when you take the feat) and empower your spells with power beyond normal training.
Prerequisites: KN: Geography 1, KN: Religion or Psionics 1, Ability to cast Manifest Powers
Benefit: Your manifestor level for that class increases by 4, up to your total hit dice. This increased manifestor level applies to determining level-dependent spell variables such as damage dice or range, max PP expendature, and caster level checks only. It does not grant extra powers, PP, or other class abilities. If your class uses more than one manifestor level, you choose which one is effected when you take the feat.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times, but the feats do not stack.

There. Not too specific, loose enough to let most people get it easily, and flavorful enough that it will have an impact on the flavor of anyone who takes it (Power from a deity, power from the towers, power from another plane, power from meditation at a shrine, etc)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Just for a matter of precision, you should tells:

Special: You may select this feat multiple times, but the feats do not stack. Each time, it must be applied to a new (spellcaster or manifesting) class.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
I'd vote yes to both feats if they were seperate. I think its only flavor that I'm stuck on. With that sorted out, they're good.

If we can assume that's a vote, these are aproved in 48 hours from KO's post.

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
Just for a matter of precision, you should tells:

Special: You may select this feat multiple times, but the feats do not stack. Each time, it must be applied to a new (spellcaster or manifesting) class.
That's confusing because it means that someone could try to take wizard and Elderich Knight and say it stacks since they chose a new class. Also, someone should be able to take it for Mystic theurgue twice, once for each casting class.

I'm going to add the text: If your class uses more than one caster/manifester level, you choose which one is effected.

That allows the Mystic Theurge to take it twice, once for each class, if he wanted to.

Remove ads