• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Predictive texting...

DarrenGMiller

First Post
I send about 5,000 texts a month and I never use T9 or predictive text. I like typing everything out and I type faster than my phone can keep up with anyway. Everytime I try T9 it slows me down and I have to fix words. I sometimes use a friend's phone that has it turned on and I just can't get used to it.

The only exception is when I text a friend who speaks Spanish primarily and I want to text him in Spanish for some reason. I use T9 for that since my Spanish sucks.

DM

Infiniti2000

First Post
wolf70 said:
I like typing everything out
You like spending the extra time?
wolf70 said:
and I type faster than my phone can keep up with anyway.
Of course. That's why you need the completion.

wolf70 said:
Everytime I try T9 it slows me down and I have to fix words. I sometimes use a friend's phone that has it turned on and I just can't get used to it.
Which one(s) have you tried. The RAZR remembers the previous word chosen and if you reall send that many messages, you'll know automatically which words need to be fixed (if any). Note that if you fix one word out of 5 (approximating about what I do), then you're already saving A LOT of keystrokes.

Khuxan

First Post
In Australia we have a television show, Spicks and Specks. Last week, my dad sent me a text message "please tape pricks and speaks for jenny".

Khuxan said:
In Australia we have a television show, Spicks and Specks. Last week, my dad sent me a text message "please tape pricks and speaks for jenny".

Adam Hills is my favourite comedian. Go you big red fire engine! :D

Olaf the Stout

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Okay, so... long story short...

Since I weighed in on this thread, my phone died. I went into Alltel to do the insurance and get it fixed or replaced and discovered that Alltel made an error in my favor which got me a new phone. The model I selected is a LOT different than my old LG. Its a new Motorola. The texting in traditional mode is really a lot slower than my old phone. If I type as fast as I did on the LG, it doesnt register all my keystrokes. So, I had to switch over to the predictive. It has itap instead of T9. I'm now faster on itap than traditional with it, but still slower than I was on my LG just plunking away. I thought it was a matter of getting used to it, but its just not coming anywhere close to what I cold do before. So, I guess a lot of things factor in. I'm not entirely sure I'm happy with my new phone, even though its got a lot of features the LG didnt have. With over 5000 texts a month, speed it is important to me. Oh well. We shall see how that goes.

Dragongirl

First Post
I never use it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It doesn't choose the words I want very well. I find it easier and faster to just type each letter.

::rubs her aching finger tendons::

arjhay

First Post
You need to add your own words in the dictionary for it to be recognized and if it gives you a wrong word press the next button, it's * on most phone models.

Remove ads