Preparations for Super Bowl XLIV?

Goodsport

Explorer
I'm preparing for my tenth-annual Super Bowl Eve viewing of Any Given Sunday on DVD in about two weeks before watching the Big Game the following day, even though I have no particular rooting interest for either team. :D

So for those of you who are looking forward to watching Super Bowl XLIV, how are you preparing for the game, both the day before and the day of? :confused:

-G

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Preparing for the Super Bowl may have nothing at all to do with wanting to watch the game.

My wife and I may go to a friend's Bowl party - but nobody at the party actually watches the game. The TV is on to see if any cool or witty ads come on, but the game is really just an excuse to have people over.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
The only prep I will be doing this year will be buying ingredients for my traditional Superbowl calzones. I started making these for the friends we would all have over for the game, but the past couple of years that has fallen apart since we all have young, school age kids who need to get to bed. This year it will just be my family. At least we now have a DVR, so I can back up to see creative commercials I miss at the beginning while I am usually finishing up the calzones.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
As a Brit, I intend to prepare for it by doing nothing. :)

My main interest is in the movie trailers that get released on the internet the following few days. Hoping for a new Kick-Ass trailer.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I'm an Aussie and plan to watch it with my business partner at his house here in Oz.

He's from Philadelphia. My only preparation will be scouring the 'net for recommendations on which team will win so I can hopefully win the bet that we will, inevitably, make.

And, like Goodsport, I'll probably get in the mood the day before by watching Any Given Sunday and Remember the Titans. And Varsity Blues. Yeah, I'm the only Aussie I know who loves movies featuring American football.

drothgery

First Post
Three years in a row, I had my gaming group over to my place for the game. That's not happening this year, because I've been doing some contract work five hundred miles from San Diego and won't be in town for the game. :(

Remove ads