D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse campaign recaps

Nebulous

Legend
After a 3 week delay we were able to play again tonight. We are very near the end of Princes, and I for one will both miss it and be sort of glad, I tend to enjoy lower level DnD better, but it has still been a fantastic campaign.

Nebulous

Legend
So, what is your all's opinion of how the Fire Node was actually closed?

And I have no idea what the overall CR of a fight down there, but assuming Imix is playing, it seemed unbeatable at the heroes level (11th and 12th)

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
That seems totally fair to me. The players used their brains and their characters abilities to avoid having to slog through the fire node, battling all the way. Now they have everyone after them, but that sort of tension is good for a game. I love it - they succeeded, but will they survive?

Nebulous

Legend
That seems totally fair to me. The players used their brains and their characters abilities to avoid having to slog through the fire node, battling all the way. Now they have everyone after them, but that sort of tension is good for a game. I love it - they succeeded, but will they survive?

Lol, yeah, after the 6 session, 12 hour slog through the Water Node it was kind of nice to have a literal flyby through the Fire Node.

Nebulous

Legend
Recap forthcoming, but the party is still alive and now 12th level! The Fire Prophet is alive too, and everyone left in the Temple is holing up in the Fire Node, actions readied and traps set, so next session is gonna be a doozy.

And what the F***, the deep gnome druid took a level of monk because of ok why not?

I have to say that the way your party closed the fire node seems pretty cool. Smart thinking and a bit of luck - nothing at all wrong with that. And it still looks like the final showdown is going to be pretty epic - even without Imix!

I look forward to reading about it.

Nebulous

Legend
Thanks for reading everyone! Glad you all are enjoying it. We are still not done, there's a good chunk of 12th level heroism to go.

Remove ads